Today, EXOS employs more than 4,000 people in over 400 locations worldwide. With award-winning facilities, sports medicine clinics, technology, and services, EXOS connects people to the solutions they need. We provide comprehensive game plans, regardless of skill and sport, based on time-tested fundamentals and research in order to help people take control of their health and performance. EXOS is trusted by hundreds of clients including leaders in business, technology, health, community organizations, and world champions in sports. Now were leaning into our rich heritage to move the brand forward. In 2020, EXOS founder and president Mark Verstegen brought on industry vet Sarah Robb OHagan as CEO to lead the company into its next chapter.
Culturally, we promote and reward humility, one team and tenacity as some of our core values and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment where all of our team members feel empowered to grow and bring their whole selves every day. We celebrate the diverse voices and perspectives of our team members, knowing that diversity of age, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status and national origin, among other social identities, drive innovation, belonging and fuel our work.
To help consumers achieve their ambitious goals, EXOS is creating a diverse offering of time-bound programs that are steeped in performance science and characterized by disruptive creativity.
The Editor, Content & Programming will work to develop editorial programming content across EXOSs portfolio of digital solutions. The ideal candidate should have demonstrated experience ideating, researching, writing, and editing copy, as well as working with subject matter experts to create and package digital content across a variety of mediums (written articles, video scripts, audio scripts, mobile, social posts, etc).
This position will report into the Editorial Director, Content & Programming, and will be remote, located in our NYC/Phoenix offices, or a hybrid of both (depending on candidate location and preference).
- Ensure that EXOS programs and programming-specific content has best-in-class editorial by consistently delivering original ideas and inspiration.
- Conduct research and craft compelling mobile-first copy for articles, audio/video scripts,, and other content mediums.
- Interview internal and external subject matter experts, ensuring that EXOSs thought leadership in performance science is translated in a palatable way for consumer audiences.
- Consolidate research and written work for accessibility by the Editorial Director and other Content & Programming leaders
- Work cross-functionally within the organization to leverage programming-specific content across all EXOS channels and platforms.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience in digital editorial content (articles, newsletters, podcast, video & audio scripts) geared toward engagement; experience with content series or episodic programming is preferred
- Experience working in content management systems (mobile content management systems a plus)
- Proven experience synthesizing scientific- and/or research-driven subject matters into compelling consumer-facing content; a strong background in health/wellness/fitness content creation and storytelling is preferred
- Superior writing skills and attention to detail; experience creating concise but compelling written content for mobile is preferred
- A portfolio of captivating and forward-thinking written work that showcases both ideation and execution chops
- A passion for sports, fitness, or a high-performance lifestyle
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, youll enjoy your career with us!
We are an equal opportunity employer
EXOS is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws. EXOS provides reasonable accommodation to employees and applicants for employment who have disabilities.