The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 100 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 100,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
About the Role:
Mental Health is Health. Our mission at Calm is to make the world a happier and healthier place.
At Calm we are dedicated to bringing mental health content to the entire world. As such, we’re expanding our team globally and are hiring a Director of Social & Editorial to oversee brand voice and copy for the EMEA markets. In this role you’ll own and elevate Calm’s brand voice and storytelling across a variety of brand communication touch points- from social media, advertising, content launches and more. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you’ll be accountable for developing and executing our EMEA editorial strategy that will directly impact our growth.
- Establish an editorial and social strategy for the EMEA markets that drives brand awareness, conversation and audience goals for Calm
- Build and manage a best in class creative organization to execute the vision and work
- Partner cross-functionally to develop and launch content and brand campaigns
- Contributes innovative, breakthrough ideas towards the growth of the company and an improved member experience. Embraces and explores new platforms and forms of communication
- Owns editorial calendar, process, and workflow in conjunction with a master content calendar
- Serve as a guardian of our brand voice and tone for Calm, driving discipline and consistency in voice, tone, and language
- Responsible for consistent social reporting/listening and measurement
- 10+ years of media, social, marketing and/or publishing experience
- A proven creative strategist
- The ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with quick deadlines. Experience in fast-paced startups is a plus
- Experience overseeing platform and creative direction for a wide range of channels including social platforms, email and editorial/publishing outlets
- An expert people manager who can grow, mentor, and inspire direct reports.
- An expert in working through ambiguous projects, prioritizing projects, and constantly presenting and implementing process solutions
- A knack for working cross-functionally and collaboratively efficiently and with ease
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.