Director, Detection and Response
- Los Gatos, California Remote, United States
The Opportunity: Director, Detection and Response
- Netflix is the worlds leading streaming entertainment service with over 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries.
- The Netflix Detection and Response team is responsible for preparing, detecting, and guiding Netflix through security incidents threatening our core mission.
- Our detection team develops and maintains high-fidelity detections and automated workflows to identify and respond to attackers quickly.
- Our incident response team leads our coordinated effort on a wide range of security incidents. Unique to our approach, we build and maintain tools that help us scale our response.
- Were looking for a Director of Detection and Response to lead this organization.
- You will be responsible for the performance and growth of this organization to protect the Netflix of today and prepare for tomorrow.
- You will set the strategy for how this organization serves our business. You will lead our teams with kindness and compassion while holding a high standard of ethical responsibility.
- And you will be a champion and mentor for people in your organization to meet their personal goals and help our organization grow with demand.
- Lead the Detection and Response organization with their mission to detect malicious events against Netflix and to manage Netflixs response to protect our customers and business
- Mentor and grow our world-class team of leaders and engineers
- Build and maintain close, constructive relationships with teams throughout Netflix
- An empathetic leader who cultivates a culture of psychological safety and inclusivity where team members can do their best work
- A pragmatic security leader who believes in risk-focused, scalable security approaches
- Excellent ability to communicate in writing and verbally
- Demonstrated experience building robust, collaborative relationships across a broad business
- Experience hiring, coaching, and cultivating a fantastic team
- Experience leading an incident response, security operations, or detection engineering teams
- Experience growing teams to meet ever-increasing business needs through forward-looking vision and socialization of mission
This position and the majority of our team are located in Los Angeles and Los Gatos, CA. If you are US-based but not interested in relocating near Los Angeles or Los Gatos, you should have experience leading remote teams and be willing to frequently travel to California.