Were taking what it means to be a designer in media to new heights by building a best-in-class cross-disciplinary design team at Vox Media, from our Product Design team that builds the best platform for digital publishing in the industry, to our Brand Design Team that works across a suite of powerhouse editorial networks, to our Revenue Design Team that designs beautiful ad products and partners with our sponsors. Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, and Recode. At Vox Media, you can be part of a remote friendly culture with people in New York, DC, San Francisco, Austin, New Orleans, and quite a few cities in between. Our jobs are well compensated and come with excellent and progressive benefits including flexible hours, generous paid parental leave, and trans-inclusive healthcare.
About the Digital Designer role:
The Digital Designer will focus on New York Magazines growing world-class subscription product and brand initiatives that touch multiple parts of the subscriber experience (acquisition, engagement, retention and more). The digital designer will work closely and collaboratively with art directors, copywriters, the consumer revenue team and project managers to create innovative consumer-facing campaigns. They will be responsible for the execution of high-quality, creative and professional-looking marketing and communications materials across digital, print and OOH platforms. This role will be responsible for supporting the Brand Design team and Director of Brand Strategy in generating innovative ideas and designs, managing workflow efficiency of deliverables and taking responsibility for deadline-driven timelines. The digital designer will report directly to a Senior Design Director in Brand Design and work closely with the Director of Brand Strategy in our consumer revenue group who oversee the subscription business and other members of the brand design team.
What youll do:
- Create visual assets to promote content from across all verticals on social/web platforms as well as print
- Create visuals that speak to events, holiday promotions, branded initiatives, and deliverables across the entire subscriber experience, including acquisition, engagement, retention and win back
- Develop unique impactful creative that stands out among the competition and noise
- Support Brand Design team and Director of Brand Strategy in generating consumer-facing campaign ideas
- Create social, email and web templates for New York Magazine and its individual verticals, including Intelligencer, Cut, Vulture, Curbed and Grub Street
- Generate iterations of approved concepts to meet consumer revenue testing needs
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager or supervisor
What youll bring:
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design or closely related field and 2+ years of experience in design, brand or advertising environment creating content for social media
- A strong understanding and passion for the editorial and design sensibility of the New York magazine
- Curiosity to push boundaries while supporting the language and tone used within the mission of high-quality journalism
- Execute concepts with a strong foundation of core design and typography principles with the ability to translate brand identities from one platform to another.
- A stamina for meticulous design detailing and extensive iteration
- An understanding of industry trends, best practices, and emerging user behaviors
- Knowledge of illustration, photography, art, image making
- Ability to work autonomously and oversee your design from beginning to end, but also equally comfortable in a collaborative environment, and willing to work with other team members when necessary
- Proven experience using Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, AfterEffects, Figma and Premiere
- Ability to manage shifting priorities and tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of HTML and CMS a plus
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. Youll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work thats challenging and fun and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.