- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc
- We expect people to work full-time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long-term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When youre working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated manager to take a lead role at a fast-growing, innovative biotechnology company. As a Team Lead, you will manage the DevOps teams delivery of infrastructure, security, CI/CD, and internal tooling services to meet the needs of the business developed in consultation with our research scientists, computational biologists, front-end, and back-end teams.
The lead of the DevOps team will manage the evolution and operations of the companys production and development environments. Responsibilities will include delivering a scalable, resilient, and cost-effective architecture and building a team of first-class professionals by guiding and leading, planning career paths, and improving the hiring process.
The Role is:
- Full time.
- Fully Remote.
- No agencies.
- Competitive salary; Will be in accordance with skill, abilities, and experience, and can vary widely.
- Managing the team of DevOps engineers.
- DevOps project planning and management with best practices in mind: prioritize work based on business and developer requirements.
- Effectively communicating with multiple teams, departments, and management representatives.
- Be the team voice in meetings.
- Mentor team members in terms of their personal development, goals, and advancement.
- Developing and delivering on OKRs and/or KPIs.
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 3 years experience in a team lead or product management role in DevOps, SysOps or Software Development.
- Excellent soft skills necessary in order to be an effective team leader, such as:
- Project management skills
- General understanding of the technologies involved in our projects:
- Containerized applications
- Infrastructure as code
- Microservices architecture
Its a plus if you have knowledge of:
- Cloud-based security and privacy best practices.
- HIPAA, GDPR, and other relevant compliance experience.
- Python, React, Docker and/or Terraform, AWS CloudFormation.
- Security / Networking / Development.
- ITIL / IT management best practices.
- Startup experience.
- Managing penetration testing, response, and mitigation.
Any relevant certifications are also a plus.