Our requirement is for a DevOps evangelist and engineer to lead our growing DevOps practice by leading and enhancing our capability in this space.
- Locations: Remote or Cape Town, South Africa
- Time zones: UTC to UTC+3
- Evangelise your passion and expertise of the philosophies, practices and tools that enable a strong DevOps culture across the software engineering organisation.
- Influence and contribute to accelerating our agile delivery of quality software and attaining complete CI/CD.
- Apply proven expertise to design, deliver and incrementally approve DevOps platforms, practices and tooling.
- Equip and mentor the DevOps team to take care of the underlying infrastructure components (eg. Kubernetes, IAM system, etc.).
- Regularly mentor less experienced team members.
- Ensure simple and effective onboarding of new developers into our DevOps approach.
Who you are
- A DevOps guru
- You have a successful track record in Dev, in Ops and in DevOps.
- A Linux and Open source fan.
- Expert at Kubernetes and have run your own Kubernetes infrastructure.
- You value doing things right and know how to build quality systems.
- You get on well with people, are a strong team player and are skilled at collaborating across teams.
- You find a sense of purpose in enabling others to get their job done better and faster.
- You enjoy working with self-organising teams and are skilled at leading others in that context.
- Experience of cloud technologies at scale will be an advantage.
Other tools in our tech stack include Gitlab, Elastic Search, Grafana, Prometheus, FluxCD, Jenkins, Openstack and Terraform.
At xneelo, our sincere desire is that our team members are inspired by their success and able to operate with a high level of discretion and autonomy guided by our principles and values. We hope this appeals to you and look forward to hearing from you.