BECOME PART OF THE TEAM THAT IS CHANGING THE WAY BUSINESSES ACROSS THE WORLD BUILD SOFTWARE. SOVTECH IS A CUSTOM SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT COMPANY WITH TEAMS BASED IN JOHANNESBURG, LONDON, AND CAPE TOWN.
We invest in people who can see the future & who work hard to achieve it. SovTech has a young, dynamic, and fast-growing team. We’re only looking for outstanding people – those unique individuals who are brilliant, are always happy to help, socialize, get involved, work hard, and enjoy what they do! We have a continuous learning culture that allows our people to grow and develop in the opportunities across our various teams.
Our Company Values (The SovTech Spex):
#Smile #Adapt #Results #Tech #Innovate #Partnership #Sorted #Worldclass #Blitz #GiveASh*t
About the Role:
- Implement next-generation system architectures and automation solutions.
- Prototype new emerging technologies in order to complement new platform adoption recommendations
- Provide technical insight in various emerging technology areas i.e. (CI, CD, ContinuousTesting and Monitoring)
- Serve as a change agent providing assistance to teams within the organization on new innovative ways of working in order to further streamline the current execution lifecycle.
- Build highly automated development pipelines, with zero-touch deployments, allowing both developers and operations to deploy at free will.
- Continuously find new ways to improve flow across the SDLC (software development lifecycle) from source code strategies (like trunk-based development) to continuous integration and test automation practices.
- Create a centralized telemetry infrastructure spanning development (code commits, successful builds, unit testing, etc.), deployment pipelines (environment provisioning, functional test results, performance testing measurements, etc.) and user feedback (likeA/B testing).
What we are looking for:
- SovTech's Enterprise team is looking for a DevOps Engineer to work on a project with one of the big four banks.
- To play a technical role in the adoption of DevOps principles, incl. development, CI/CD, continuous testing and continuous feedback to support the delivery of disruptive driven Fintech solutions.
What Tech would you be working with?
- Cloud technologies in solving problems, namely Amazon WebServices, Azure, Google Cloud
What we can tell you about our culture:
Have a look through our Careers page: Join Our Team, Help Build The Future. Become part of the team that is changing the way businesses across the world build software.
Our latest Blog posts: Visit our latest blog posts to gain insights, tips, news, articles, and tech updates
Humans of SovTech: Finally, if that does not give you enough insight into SovTech, check out our Humans of SovTech Instagram page
- Full-stack developer having built apps (personal or work-related) from the UI layer to service and database layers understanding how each layer interact with one another.
- Experience in using cloud technologies in solving problems, namely Amazon WebServices, Azure, Google Cloud etc.
- Demonstrating an understanding of clustered application containerization technologies,e.g. Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Mesos.
- Have implemented/understand big data analytics frameworks like ELK (Elasticsearch-Logstash-Kibana).
- Experience in building continuous feedback loops into value streams, using a number of technologies incl., Grafana and Elasticsearch, Prometheus, DataDog, AppDynamics, etc.
- Demonstrating an understanding of CI/CD with experience in one or more tools. These include tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, Bamboo, TFS, CDD, XL Deploy and Ansible.
- Maintain awareness of opportunities provided by new technology to address challenges or to enable new ways of working.