Hi, I’m Alex, Director of Marketing at Customer.io.
I’m looking for a creative and collaborative Demand Generation Manager to join the marketing team. You will own our paid media strategy and execution across channels. You will be responsible for managing campaigns on various ad platforms, generating quality leads and optimizing for closed deals. You will play a key role in our company’s growth initiatives, both increasing our brand awareness and increasing bottom-line revenue.
As a Demand Generation Manager at Customer.io, you will…
Some things you’ll do
- Help develop B2B paid marketing at Customer.io, leading channel testing and experimentation, and arriving at a playbook that’s consistently fueling the pipeline
- Acquire new business customers by building and scaling channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Native, Display, and Offline
- Provide regular insight into campaign performance and give recommendations on how to increase efficiency — then execute against those recommendations
- Partner with brand designers to build out creative assets, and regularly refresh based on performance
- Effectively communicate results and learnings within the broader marketing team and across various stakeholders
- An up-and-coming mid-level marketer with relevant experience: experience in demand generation, growth marketing, brand marketing or similar roles. B2B and/or SaaS experience a plus!
- Multidisciplinary: Strong performer across data analysis, technical implementation and project management in service of effective campaigns.
- Consumer-centric: Thoughtful operations expert who can view their work through the lens of different audiences to optimize for business outcomes.
What we’re looking for
- Data-informed: Strong analytical skills and a proven track record of working with data and good judgement to drive email campaign ideation and business results.
- Collaborative: A proactive partner who can effectively work within and across different teams and can clearly communicate their perspectives while soliciting information and sign-off needed to execute effective campaigns on tight timelines.
- Detail-oriented: Sweats the small stuff when it comes to QAing campaign tracking and naming conventions, but doesn’t let the weeds get in the way of building against a big vision.
We are offering a starting salary of $75,000 – $80,000 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- 20 days PTO – we offer 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave – for birth, adoption, or foster care
- Health and wellness allowance – Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend – Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement – Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement – Up to $300 USD per month for those times you’d prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development – Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops – anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io – to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company retreats twice a year – we typically get together IRL every spring and fall, but most recently had an amazing virtual retreat!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! – as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below by 5pm PST July 23rd and tell us why you’re interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to tell us the title of the last book you read. There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We plan to respond to all applicants by July 30th with a status update about your application.
Here’s what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 30 minute video call with Symone, our Recruiting Manager
- 45 minute video call with Alex, Director of Marketing
- Take Home Assignment
- 60 minute Homework Review interview with two potential Team Members
- Final Interview with Alex