Check our Work With Us page where we give answers to the most important questions you may have.
Architecture & Stack
Our systems are mostly done using Ruby on Rails. We use Python for machine learning. We have a large web app, a few smaller ones, a few mobile apps (Android and iOS), a growing fleet of services (in the sense of Service-Oriented Architecture) talking via HTTP.
Team, Challenges & You
The development team is mostly in Bulgaria. Because we’re a remote company we have people in Sofia, Plovdiv, Burgas, Varna, Ruse. Everyone can choose where to work from.
We have reasonable processes, organised Kanban boards, stand-ups that don’t last more than 10 minutes and product owners writing detailed (sometimes a bit too detailed) specifications. We value highly the quality of the code and good practices. We’ve suffered enough without them. Our management is well aware of that. We’ve even had the need to explain that we don’t need so much time for paying back technical debt. Some of us even talk about those things (code reviews, automated testing, refactoring).
About the role
We are looking for a Data Scientist to analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve our company. We have lots of data in several databases, some of it is already neatly organised, some not so much. You will need to understand our product requirements and customer needs and help expand them. In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data
What you'll do
- Carry out preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Suggest predictive models and work with the team to build and improve our machine-learning algorithms
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
What we're expecting
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Knowledge of Python and SQL (R is nice as well)
- Experience with scikit-learn, pandas, NumPy, plotting libraries, etc.
- Experience using business intelligence tools
- Problem-solving aptitude and analytical thinking
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- BSc/BA or higher in science, economics or engineering
Remote work is now the norm.
The difference is that we've been fully remote for many years now, and know how to properly work remotely. Additional benefits for our Bulgaria-based team include an employer-paid additional medical insurance, life and risk insurance, and 25-days of paid annual leave. There are additional compensation and time off for participation in the on-call rotation.
When there's no pandemic, the team gets together for monthly team drinks and an off-site somewhere beautiful twice a year. We hope to resume these activities as soon as the situation permits. We strive for quality and a stress-free work environment.
We want our colleagues to learn and grow. We’ll be happy to have a like-minded person join us!
If you are interested please APPLY using the button below.
Confidentiality of all applications is assured. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:Europe Only.