Corporate Paralegal Full-time Job1 month ago Legal Worldwide 54 views
Title: Corporate Paralegal
Location: United States
REMOTE / LEGAL / FULL-TIME
Founded by Julien Bonneville, CEO and Robert Schmidt, CRO in 2015, TheGuarantors empowers renters with smarter solutions to take control of their financial future.
We are an innovator and a pioneer in the insurance and technology industry. We have received accolades for our specialty products and excellent customer service.
In the last 3 years, we have achieved 250% year-over-year growth and successfully raised $15M in a Series B. Currently, we are expanding our footprint nationwide.
We are backed by VCs who have also invested in LinkedIn and Slack amongst others.
We have an immediate opening for a motivated, full-time corporate paralegal. As a paralegal, you will help with corporate, regulatory and compliance work, and serve as internal Corporate Paralegal. You will work directly with the Corporate Counsel and the Director of Finance and Strategy. You will support the Legal Team in compliantly navigating a regulated sector.
This is an excellent opportunity for you if you have interest in corporate legal operations and business law.
Please submit Cover Letter AND Resume. Transcripts would be nice
What You’ll Do Day-to-Day
- Help with drafting, review, and maintenance of corporate contracts.
- Help analyze laws and regulations, industry movements and trends.
- Help develop and keep the Legal Library current.
- Assist Legal Team with general corporate legal work, including related to employment matters, corporate meeting minutes recording/maintenance, and transaction closing.
- Conduct legal research and draft memoranda.
- Provide support with the filing and maintenance of state and federal licenses for insurance products and agents at the firm; manage regulatory operations tracker.
Why We’ll Love You
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Excellent research, writing and communication skills
- Fast learner
- Good judgment
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
TheGuarantors is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
Our commitment: We are a collaborative, diverse, and passionate team of professionals. We are dedicated to innovation and empowering our employees.
Recognition: We are recognized in Forbes America’s Best Startup Employer 2020, CNBC (2018 Upstart 100), CRETEch (#1 Information & Intelligence in Finance), and listed on the 2019 Insurtech 100.
Remote work: All our roles are 100% remote which allows the flexibility for our employees as we navigate the recent changes to our work environments due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Partnerships: We have partnerships with USVets.org, alumni organizations, universities, and colleges.
Accommodations: We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations.