HMH is looking for an experienced Community Manager to join our Social Media team. This person will lead community management and engagement for HMH, showcasing our position as an EdTech leader in the K-12 learning space. This is a pivotal moment in education as the future of schooling continues to change. The Community Manager, Social Media is an adept communicator who is passionate about building engaged communities. This person should live and breathe social media, able to quickly identify rising trends and popular topics. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Social Media.
- Manage day-to-day community engagement on all social media platforms
- Work with social leaders to develop a community-facing strategy for our channels, identifying ways to inspire loyalty and trust
- Create positive relationships with customers and prospects, building community and driving conversation
- Be the subject-matter expert on social, responding to and reporting on potential customer issues
- Create metrics and social listening reports, pulling out actionable insights from large data sets
- Identify content and write social copy for our internal advocacy tool
- Maintenance and optimization of content titles and descriptions based on trending topics
- Partner with Corporate Communications to build a crisis comms plan, escalating sensitive issues and providing recommended actions
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Brand & Creative, Sales, Support, and more
- Support the Vice President of Social Media, collaborating and ideating around unique social-first content
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and their users
- Creative and collaborative, someone who loves working as a team
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills, able to quickly adapt to our brand voice
- Savvy and knowledgeable about current social media trends
- Highly organized and able to work independently
- Background in community moderation and community guidelines development
Education & Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing social media & its communities
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, or equivalent work experience
- Previous roles in K-12 Education or EdTech companies is preferred
- Experience with MS Office Suite
- Advanced knowledge of social media software, Sprinklr preferred
- General understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with video editing is a plus
- Experience with SEO for Pinterest/YouTube is a plus
- Must be able to remain seated for extended periods of time, 4+ hours.
- Must be able to stand and present to audiences for 2+ hours.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.