You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
This position is full time (40 hours / week) Wednesday Sunday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (7:00 am 7:00 pm CST). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. We offer 2 weeks of paid training. The 8 hours hours during training will be 8:30am 5:00pm CST, Monday Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Groups Telecommuter Policy.
- Take inbound and outbound calls from members for complex medical issues
- Connect consumers to a nurse
- Must have accurate documentation
- Must meet weekly metrics
- Other duties as assigned
Youll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in health insurance or medical billing
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- 1+ years of experience working with ICD 9 / 10 and CPT codes
- Professional experience in a clerical or administrative support related role
- Experience working with Microsoft Word (creating, editing, saving documents) and Microsoft Excel (creating, editing, saving spreadsheets)
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- 1+ years of taking 40+ calls in a high volume call center environment
- Experience working with key performance indicators (average handle time, call volume, etc)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high speed internet connection or leverage an existing high speed internet service