CARA is seeking Business Process Lead to be the first point of contact for all Workday and Data related activities for our global client. The Consultant will help support the initiative of the program through assisting the regional teams with articulating their regional requirements while fostering a globally consistent mindset for design and implementation activities.
If you have solid consulting experience and possess attributes such as Adaptability, Effective Communication, Innovation, Making Sound Decisions, Strong Relationship Management, and the ability to Influence, apply to CARA!
In this role, you will:
- Act as first point of contact for in-country resources for program related activities
- Identify alignment opportunities and support change initiatives associated with Workday and Tech design
- Coordinate and escalate outstanding issues and questions and responses between region/functional area and program team
- Consolidate and coordinate regional responses for workbooks and design, on time and with accuracy
- Participate in relevant design and payback sessions supporting the program’s global design principals
- Support Testing, help coordinate testing resources and test activities
- Oversee and support workday related go live activities that are regional specific
- Act as a resource for gathering legal requirements to support the data retention policy
- Where applicable, support data conversion activities such as data extraction/clean up and translation
- 5+ years working as an external consultant
- Experience in tailoring process design to meet needs
- Ability to assess process fit for regional requirements
- Project Management and Business Analysis skills
- Experience in system testing activities
- Workday not required but nice to have
- HRIS experience nice to have
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Who is CARA?
We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable brands enabling their efforts to launch new organizational strategy, introduce new processes, implement a digital transformation strategy, and upskill their workforce. We collaborate with our clients and determine an approach that best aligns with their unique needs.
To meet the strategic objectives and complex needs of our clients, we are committed to building a diverse community of exceptional talent from highly tenured strategists to specialists trained in cutting-edge technology, to assemble a team perfectly suited to client needs.
Our company is based on PURE values: Professionalism, Understanding, Responsibility, and Excellence. These values define how CARA does business and is inherent in how we select our team, support our clients, and measure our performance. To learn more about CARA’s culture, check out this video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn3MB3bKIS8
The CARA Group is proud to be a women-owned business and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Why Work with CARA?
As a CARA consultant, you will have an outstanding experience and join a highly committed and motivated team. You will:
- Work on meaningful engagements with our Fortune 500 client base.
- Gain access to professional development opportunities allowing you to stay ahead of the insights, trends, and technology required for the workforce of the future.
- Work with Talent Managers dedicated to finding projects that aligned with your experience.
To learn more about the consulting skills necessary for the workforce of the future, read our blog on the topic: Consulting Skills for the workforce of the Future