View our case studies and see how our clients talk about our approach. If you're a podcast fan, check out Seaworthy, where we explore ways to help companies grow and scale their business and ideas, and Even Keeled, a podcast about the craft of creating software and effective development teams. We are also actively engaged with our community through various live streams and videos to help startups and product teams reach their goals. We're excited about what we've achieved in the last six years, but we're just getting started. We need your help to take us to the next level!
A Day In The Life
During a typical work week, our crew members enjoy a balanced assignment of 35 hours on internal projects with the ability to invest the other 5 hours on a combination of individual goals and team meetings. Twice a year, we take a full week away from client work to focus on team goals and internal project initiatives. These weeks alternate between a retreat-style destination that encourages team bonding and goal setting, and a more focused week-long design and development sprint at our primary office in Wisconsin. Check out some of our team week recaps and years in review to get a feel for how much fun it is to work at Headway!
What Does Success Look Like?
During your first 2-4 weeks at Headway, you’ll receive extensive on-the-job training. This training covers the fundamentals of our core technologies, the way we delegate tasks within a marketing team, our process and workflow, strategies, and much more.
You'll have dedicated pairing time scheduled with various colleagues to cover different skills. After this training period, you'll be successfully contributing to new initiatives in the context of the team. Welcome aboard!
Each week, you'll meet with your team lead to ensure that you have the time and attention you need to be successful. Your needs and questions will always come first in this meeting, but other topics discussed include:
- Individual quarterly goal progress
- Project status / team issues
- Individual responses to our weekly team health questionnaire
Quarterly and Annual Reviews
In addition to weekly touchpoint meetings, more formal quarterly reviews are scheduled to discuss successes and areas for growth identified over the last 3 months. We have annual performance assessments and salary reviews, though we reserve the right to provide a merit-based pay raise at any time. Most crew members achieve between a 2% and 5% raise each year within their same role, but bigger jumps are possible when roles or responsibilities increase. We're here to grow with you sustainably over the long term.
Experience and Results At Every Level
With an experienced leadership team encompassing design, development, sales, marketing, product, and operations, Headway is poised for an amazing 2021. Our business is guided by EOS and we have strong processes, documentation, and people to support your growth and development. As they say, “Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to.” For more on that, check out our benefits!
Why Should You Apply?
- Help lead the evolution of the Headway brand
- Work on various brand projects from our site to unique personalized goods
- Strong leadership and top-notch colleagues to help you realize your full potential
- Career growth and leadership opportunities
- 3 weeks of PTO & Sick Time available immediately
- 1 week of additional time off during the winter holiday season
- 100% of health care and dental premiums paid for you and all your dependents
- Up to a 4% matching 401k contribution based on your dollar contribution
- $6,000 hardware onboarding budget including $2,500 to spend however you like
- $2,500 annual education and conference budget
- Quarterly profit-sharing bonus plan
The Hiring Process
If after we review your application and we choose to move forward, the following interviews will typically take place over the course of 3-5 days (depending on scheduling):
- Work history and aspirations chat with our People and Team Strategist.
- Skills and performance discussion with our Marketing & Brand Manager and Design Lead.
- Portfolio Review
- Design Collaboration Exercise
- Take-home skills assessment.
- EQi and Kolbe assessment exercise.
- Group interview with several members of the Headway team.
As a Headway Brand & Web Designer, you’ll be working within a multidisciplinary team of marketers, designers, and developers to evolve the Headway brand through various design and web projects.
- The continued evolution of the Headway Brand and guidelines
- Design new layouts and pages for websites in Figma
- Working in Webflow: Building new pages, troubleshooting, maintenance
- Creating concepts and graphics for events, websites, ebooks, ads, social, podcasts, YouTube, and more
- Print design for apparel and gifts for team and clients
- Storyboarding for motion design and videos
- You have 5+ years of design experience
- You have experience working in Figma
- You have experience working in Webflow
- You have experience creating brands
- You have professional knowledge of user-centered design, usability principles, and techniques
- You have the ability to present your work and stand firm for the right reasons
- You live by our Guiding Manifesto and embody the core values of Headway
- You are open to criticism from your team and are always eager to learn and to share knowledge
- You have the ability to think big while being detail-oriented and delivery-focused
- You are self-motivated and able to deal with pressure and work well in a fast-paced environment
- You have an outgoing, personable, and sociable attitude
- You have initiative to solve challenges, meet goals, and set new directions based on data
- You are capable of inspiring colleagues and clients
- You have a passion to create useful and valuable solutions
- You prioritize and attend our twice-annual team weeks on-site at our primary office in Wisconsin, or at an awesome TBD destination
If this sounds like you, we’d love to have you apply! We're a remote-first company so this position is open to designers local to the Green Bay, WI area, and anyone residing in and legally able to work in the US.