We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds that hail from more than 50 countries and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we're passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open-source decision modern engineering organizations make.
We support our remote employee experience.While we have great office spaces in the Fulton, MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we're very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use several communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team meetups. We also have an annual company meetup to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
Learn more at [***] .
We are looking for team members who want to help us change how the world innovates through software. The Sonatype team has already done this through its contributions to the Maven build system, the Nexus Repository Manager, and most recently with the Nexus Lifecycle product suite literally changing the way the world creates and delivers software across thousands of organizations and millions of developers.
That was just the beginning. We need your help so that we can do it again. If you are interested in delivering value across nearly every decision made in the world of software development, to help companies create better and safer software faster, to transform innovation through software, read on.
Who you are and what you'll do:
- You'll work in one of our data processing teams to create and manage data pipelines.
- You'll work on products that continually ingest data from open-source software components, aggregate, and analyze it.
- You'll deliver data to our customers from which insights can be driven, and decisions can be made to use open-source software components.
- You'll monitor and observe our data ingesting pipelines in a production environment.
- You'll work with data engineers and full-stack developers to deliver the data to our customers.
What skills you'll need:
- You have 7+ years of experience in software engineering, primarily in Java.
- You have knowledge and experience with large-scale data tools and techniques (ex: Spark, Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce ...).
- You have knowledge and experience with non-relational databases (ex: HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra, ...).
- You have knowledge and experience working with queues and pipelines (ex: SNS, SQS, RabbitMQ, Kafka, ...).
- You have knowledge and experience with big data cloud services (ex: AWS, GCP, Azure, ..).
- While these skills are essential, we would love to chat with you even if you do not have all of them.
Things that we are proud of
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.