What will I be responsible for in this job?
- The AR Specialist will follow up on outstanding AR all payers including self-pay and resolution of denials.
- This position is responsible for handling all correspondence related to an insurance or patient account, contacting insurance carriers, patients and other facilities as needed to get maximum payment on accounts and identify issues or changes to achieve client profitability.
- Responsible for working EDI transactions and ERA files, including reconciling carrier submissions, edits and rejection reports.
- Ability to research and resolve accounts appearing on Delinquent Insurance Report, Collection Ledger and Government Payor report as directed by management making appropriate decisions on accounts to be worked to maximize reimbursement.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High school diploma or equivalency
- 3 years’ experience in accounts receivable, healthcare revenue cycle, or insurance billing and processing
- Comprehensive knowledge of the AR process
- Customer service experience
- MS Office Suite proficiency
- Organization skills.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Experience with physician claims and hospital facility claims
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multitask
- Works well with others
Work Environment and Schedule:
- Work-from-home, quiet workspace needed, high speed internet required (no satellite internet)
- Fulltime, 40 hours weekly. Monday through Friday, with a start time of 7:30am or 8:30am EST.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!