- Financial Reporting: Ensure an accurate and timely month end close by preparing journal entries and account reconciliations for prepaids, accruals, and all other balance sheet accounts.
- Audit: Assist with the company’s first audit and help keep the team audit ready on a go forward basis.
- Banking: Maintain cash records for the company, reconcile all bank accounts
- AR: Collaborate with Billing to ensure accuracy of invoicing and revenue recognition.
- AP: Work with AP to ensure a smooth flow of vendor bills.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Implement and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
Your job title does not define your limitations. You push your manager. You focus on opportunity over threats; action over planning; positivity over negativity; team over individual. You want to help build a massive company from the ground up. You are entrepreneurial and want to work in a super fast-paced environment where the solutions aren’t already predefined. You are willing to walk through walls to get the job done. You automate all your recurring tasks to optimize leverage.
Qualifications / Skills Required:
- BS in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree – CPA or CMA is a plus
- Big4 or similar audit and assurance experience (Required)
- Ability to professionally interact with different departments throughout the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to research new software and automate processes
- Experience with our tech stack: QBO, NetSuite, Salesforce, Avalara
- Previous startup and SaaS industry experience a plus
- Our goal is to be the dominant place to get any data on a physical Place. We sell our product – our datasets – to data scientists and machine learning engineers at companies of all sizes.
- At SafeGraph, we’ve taken a measured approach to building a long term company. We were profitable in 2019, have hired experienced leadership from the start and care deeply about democratizing access to data to everyone.
- We currently have about 100 employees and are growing quickly. We recently raised a $45 million Series B ($65 million raised to date), and the CEO was previously the founder and CEO of LiveRamp (NYSE:RAMP).
- While SafeGraph was started in San Francisco, we’ve been fully distributed across North America since 2019 — 18 states, 3 countries, and counting! We encourage all employees to work in whatever environment enables them most, whether that be at home, a co-working space, or somewhere else.
Some good reading on how we think:
Don’t fit this description perfectly but still think this is the role for you? Apply and let us know why!