ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM
The Account Manager, Retention (AM-R) is responsible for meeting or exceeding expectations for retention among the TKWW wedding pro (vendor) base. As the primary business consultants to TKWW’s vendors, the AM-R is responsible for a set of accounts and provides both reactive and proactive services to help paying vendors stay on track and see success on the TKWW platform(s).
This position is fully remote and may be performed anywhere in the United States, except for in the state of Colorado.
- Maintain ownership and accountability of a book of business to achieve monthly retention targets.
- Directly influence retention by managing manual and auto-renewals, handling both obvious and subtle requests to cancel or downgrade TKWW services, and identifying opportunities to upsell and expand services.
- Conduct targeted proactive outreach to limit churn and/or prepare assigned accounts for upcoming renewals.
- Consistently meet or exceed stated performance expectations for work quality, quantity, and impact.
- Share “the voice of the vendor” from the Retention POV so leadership can adequately support retention efforts.
- Remain 100% compliant with all data, record-keeping, and reporting requests.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
SUCCESSFUL ACCOUNT MANAGER, RETENTION CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Renewal/retention/support/cancellation experience in a SaaS or similar environment
- Comfortable with direct accountability for individual and team outcomes
- Proven influencing and problem-solving skills. Can get customers to “yes” in multiple situations using multiple tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven customer service and relationship-building skills, including the ability to de-escalate sensitive conversations with customers via phone and email
- Thrives in a high-pace and collaborative team environment
- Consulting or coaching experience with small, medium-sized businesses
- Quantitative and analytical skills
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity, and decision-making with incomplete information
- Ability to prioritize and stay organized while balancing inbound client requests/questions and outbound proactive outreach
IT’S A BONUS IF:
- You have SaaS, online marketplace, and/or online advertising experience
- You have experience with Salesforce CRM and reporting
- You have experience in a quota or other individual metrics accountability environment
- You are fluent in Spanish
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, and inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. We offer a full benefits package including options for medical, dental and vision insurance and a 401k with company match. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.