We need extraordinary engineers to join our team in building and expanding the TimescaleDB Toolkit, an extension to ease working with time-series data in TimescaleDB. You will have the opportunity to work with a close-knit team developing SQL functions to ease statistical analysis, data visualization, and general quality-of-life. This role will involve working with a broad range of functionality in a rapidly-moving setting with all development done in the open and visible to users. We primarily work in Rust and SQL.
Timescale is an all-remote organization, with team members across 6 continents; this is a full-time position and can be located anywhere across a wide range of time zones and locations. English fluency is required, however.
- Play a core role in helping to design and develop new database capabilities, with a focus on analytics.
- Develop, test, and release new features and functionality from our technical roadmap.
- Continually improve, optimize, and test existing functionality in the Toolkit.
- Work with engineers both at Timescale and the open-source community to coordinate new functionality and deliver powerful integrations of the database into large applications and pipelines.
- Work with our users to understand their needs and ways to improve their experience.
- Be an enthusiastic and personable teammate, receiving and providing code reviews, and otherwise partnering and helping other engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years engineering experience.
- Expertise building industrial-strength software in Rust, C, or C++.
- Ability to understand new algorithms.
- Experience in developing statistics or graphics toolkits
- Experience with mentoring and developing junior engineers.
- Experience with Rust
- Experience with SQL databases or analytics