You will help scale and maintain Golden's data services and oversee site reliability and best practices. Deep knowledge of continuous integration and infrastructure-as-code is a must as we continuously deploy to AWS Fargate with Terraform and CircleCI. We rapidly iterate to make our product more robust and scalable and your work will result in a world class product loved by millions of people across the globe.
We are a remote first team working in time zones between San Francisco and Prague.
What You Will Be Doing
- Automate deployment of Golden's containerized services.
- Manage and control our cloud resources using Terraform and AWS.
- Architect new infrastructure with the rest of engineering.
- Maintain third-party cloud software and services that Golden relies upon.
- Implement and enforce cloud security best practices.
- Manage domains, certificates, third party provider accounts and general site reliability.
Qualifications We Need
- Infrastructure as Code. Terraform is heavily preferred but CloudFormation, Pulumi or similar are acceptable.
- CI/CD pipelines (we use CircleCI).
- Knowledge of Docker Compose based development environments and Docker Image build and deployment strategies.
- End-to-end integration testing strategies (we use Cypress for smoke tests right now).
- Experience with the core AWS services, EC2, RDS, VPC, S3, Route 53, CloudWatch, ELB, SNS, SQS, Lambda.
- Key and secret management and storage with Vault, AWS secret manager or similar.
- Shell scripting.
- Python or a high level scripting language.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues with live cloud environments.
- Contributing to architecture design, discussion and documentation. Performance and reliability metrics for web applications.
- Static analysis tooling such as Checkov to detect issues ahead of time.
- SOC2 and/or IL4 compliance experience.
- Knowledge of infrastructure testing tools such as Terratest.
- Serverless application development on AWS, Lambda, API Gateway, S3, DynamoDB or similar.
- Machine Learning exposure.
- ElasticSearch tuning and maintenance knowledge.
- Postgres tuning and maintenance knowledge.
- ELK stack or Logstash knowledge.
Golden is on a mission to map human knowledge and accelerate discovery and education. We are building the world's first self-constructing knowledge database making it easier to explore and contribute to public and private knowledge. Golden leverages human effort by using machine intelligence to make the process of gathering and communicating knowledge simpler. Golden is venture-backed by a16z, Founders Fund, Giga fund and other top tier investors, and is led by Jude Gomila, a founder of Heyzap (YC ‘09, acquired for $45 million in 2016), and investor in over 200 startups. To learn more about Golden visit us at https://golden.com/ check out our blog https://golden.com/blog or join the conversation at @Golden.