Mailgun is seeking an experienced Director of Product Management to lead our Mailgun email API business.
We are looking for product leaders with experience spanning inbound to outbound product management ready to own product strategy, drive new product development, and lead the growth of the business. In this role, you will directly lead a team of product managers and own product portfolio planning for your product line consisting of roadmap and feature definition as well as pricing & packaging model innovation and P&L optimization.
- Build and grow a team of product managers to drive growth of our product line.
- Discover opportunities and whitespace in the market that aligns with our product and portfolio growth strategy.
- Advocate for customers and partners by using market analysis, conducting user research, and synthesizing product feedback to understand both user and buyer needs.
- Plan if we should build, buy, or partner through comprehensive product planning and collaboration on product vision and strategy.
- Communicate product plans and generate consensus by presenting your recommendations and providing updates to executives, peers, and cross-functional teams.
- Define products and features by collaborating closely with your product managers, UI/UX designers and engineers in design sessions, UI/UX reviews, and usability testing.
- Prioritize what is most meaningful to work on, both for near-term development cycles as well as for quarterly/yearly roadmap planning.
- Manage the development backlog with your team through planning, backlog grooming, and iterative releases.
- Partner closely with product marketing and sales on go-to-market efforts to develop launch plans, sales enablement collateral, and success metrics.
- Measure and review the success of our product line through the instrumentation and analysis of user event tracking, operational data, and business metrics including adoption, revenue and margin.
- BA / BS / MS in Computer Science, Computer / Electrical Engineering, or a related engineering field. MBA preferred with experience developing and leading technical products and services.
- A minimum of eight plus (8+) years of product management experience in a fast-paced, growth environment.
- Five plus (5+) years experience managing direct and indirect reports, influencing cross-functional teams, devising and presenting business plans for executive sponsorship.
- Experience defining and executing pricing and packaging changes.
- Experience managing partnerships and strategic business relationships with third party companies.
- Demonstrated ability to deeply understand the product, our business, and the competitive landscape necessary to build and execute comprehensive product strategies and development plans.
- Strong knowledge of the product development life cycle, with relevant experience in all phases including defining and communicating specifications, managing resources, and leading cross-functional and/or remote teams.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality.
- Proficiency with data analytics tools, including using data to analyze, report, and make product decisions.
- Understanding of the end-to-end user-centered design process, from strategy, to concept, to final product.
- Very strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge.
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Pathwire offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Pathwire provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Pathwire offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: It’s not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles
Pathwire embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.