BOARD & INVESTMENT
In 2021, TG broke records by securing USD 13 million in funding, the largest FinTech seed round in MENA history.
Abdulla Almoayed: CEO & Founder, Tarabut Gateway is joined by partners at Lumia Capital and Target Global.
CULTURE & ENVIRONMENT
Working for TG could be the biggest challenge of your career! You will be exposed to every functions of the business, have dialogues with inspiring colleagues that have unique ideas, and be given more autonomy than before to execute your ideas to scale. You will be challenged, held accountable and expected to run like it’s your own business Curiosity is the gateway to learning. Thinking differently is key to our success. We don’t like normal, we prefer to create new rules for the game and redefine the status quo by challenging conventional thinking. We have distributed teams in London, Dubai and India. We are scaling our teams to build across Europe, and commercial teams within the MENA region.
- We are dynamic: Always challenging the status quo
- We work together: By collaborating with members of our ecosystem and our partners
- We take ownership: By being accountable and self-aware
- We care: About our team members, our customers, and the end-user
- We are passionate: We love what we do
As our first data scientist, you’ll be one of earliest hires and playing a key role in the company. You will be joining the newly created data team, eventually reporting into our future Head of Data (whom we’re hiring for now) and working alongside our VP of Software Engineering, VP of Product and Chief Technology Officer. As a result of the high growth and our speed of scaling, this is a role that will offer future opportunities to move into a more senior position depending on your ambitions. We are looking for someone that is confident and autonomous to help lay some of the groundwork, in a completely greenfield environment, execution and building value creation by means of our data science capability. You’ll be responsible for researching and developing innovative solutions, being hands-on and input where data science adds value and can be executed. You will be expected to showcase data science best practices, and be involved in some requirement gathering, being able to understand product roadmap, and the wider business objectives. You will be an active contributor to supporting team growth and delivery as we continue to create a progressive, modern data function. We seek team players that have low ego but high ambition. You’ll want to join a mission driven company, building a world class customer experience, creating a market leading technology culture and inspiring a high performing team.
- Experience in a senior role within a data team(s) supporting a business unit or a business problem
- Experience in data science, data engineering and analytical functions
- Experience with data processing, feature engineering and data retrieval from messaging services
- Experience working with large and complex data sets, technologies and tools to deliver products, services and optimising the performance of existing data pipelines
- Experience with AWS, Azure or GCP (understands serverless technologies) and selection of technologies that are built for scale and “big data” such as data lakes and warehousing architectures
- Experience with modern data processing tools such as AWS (S3, Redshift, Snowflake, Lambda, Glue, DynamoDB, EMR) or Azure (DataFactory, Data Bricks, StreamAnalytics) SQL and Python coding
- Practical background or education in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, data management, information systems, information science or other related quantitative field
- Experience with local and remote/distributed teams a plus
- Experience within the fintech, payments or Open Banking space a bonus
- Senior Compensation Package
- (UK) 25 Days Holiday & Bank Holidays
- (UK) Home Working Set-Up Provided
- Our VP People will be introducing further benefits as we scale