BeZero Carbon is looking for a head of GIS to lead a team analysing global carbon projects. The role will be integral to developing the BeZero Carbon Markets platform, which will enable users to access and interrogate all aspects of the voluntary carbon market, from individual projects to the market as a whole. Our GIS analysis team covers all stages of carbon project development, from pre-feasibility assessment to rating the robustness of existing projects in the market. Our advisory service offers clients bespoke analysis including project development & accreditation, market reports and project carbon ratings.
A senior role within our fast growing business, the successful candidate can work remotely on a pre-agreed timezone or from our London-based office on GMT hours. For more information visit www.bezerocarbon.com.
Skills and experience required:
- Higher degree (Masters or PhD) in geographic, ecological or climate sciences, including experience in GIS systems and programming with Python or similar language to construct models of environmental change.
- At least 5 years professional GIS experience, preferably with experience leading a team.
- Strong data analytics & visualisation skills.
- Experience in a role focused on climate change impacts, mitigation and adaptation, familiarity with and understanding of emerging narratives around natural capital and nature-based solutions essential.
- Strongly motivated, self starter willing to take the initiative to ensure that solutions are delivered on time.
BeZero's carbon team bridges capital & conservation to embed ecological outcomes into everyday decision-making. Our work supports the principles of ecological economics: that the global financial economy exists within, not outside, the global ecology.
- BeZero Carbon Rating: the BCR combines top-down and bottom-up frameworks to assess the CO2e efficacy of voluntary offsets - i.e. the extent to which any given carbon credit truly delivers a tonne of CO2e avoidance or reduction. It is an additional layer of analysis for already accredited projects, enabling buyers to understand the product and incentivising sellers to pursue high-quality projects and approaches.
- Modelling: we build models to measure, value, & monetise Natural & Social Capital assets & liabilities.
- Nature-based Solutions: we work with landowners and managers to originate, certify, validate, & market carbon credits created through Nature-based Solutions in the UK and overseas.
- Insetting: we design insetting funds for large corporations or institutions to invest in their own internal carbon credit solutions.