“Making clinical research faster and more patient-focussed requires top-talent. In the last 12 months, we’ve gone remote-first, doubled our team, welcomed our 100th Castorian, and secured a $45million Series B. Ensuring our purpose-driven mission continues to scale, we have the opportunity for a Head of Talent Acquisition to set the strategy behind our growth from 100 - 300 in the coming 18 - 24 months.” - Edwin Schreuder, Head of People
Who is Castor?
We simplify the clinical trial process, from recruitment to analysis, with user-friendly, patient-centric technology. Our mission is to bring medical research into the digital age. Why? Because medical research is still largely run using free-text, paper, and legacy technology.
Our self-service platform enables our users to run decentralized, device-enabled, patient-centric trials. By helping our users capture high-quality data and making it machine-readable, we are fundamentally changing the flawed evidence-based medicine process.
Castor’s Talent Team
Currently managed by our Senior Talent Acquisition Manager, the Talent Team works internationally across the US and EMEA. Split across commercial and technical recruitment, we have x3 Talent Business Partners and x1 Talent Specialist, with active recruitment for x3 more team members (Specialist and Sourcers) to join in the coming months.
Your opportunity: Ensure Castor can scale
Leading on our recruitment strategy, you’ll shape, develop, and grow our talent function. Reporting to our COO, working closely with our Head of People, and collaborating with our Senior TA Manager, you’ll develop our strategic talent processes and metrics to ensure we successfully scale through Series B and beyond.
What you’ll do
By joining our wider People and Culture team, you’ll not only set the talent strategy but ensure our Talent Team is set for success in delivering against ambitious hiring goals. You will:
- Work closely with our c-level management team and senior leadership to deeply understand their business objectives and translate these into clear hiring plans;
- Build, lead and form new strategic partnerships with providers, agencies, and events
- Ensure accurate and realistic, but agile, resource planning, budgeting, and forecasting;
- Act as Senior Talent Partner for C-level vacancies across the organization.
What you’ll bring
As an experienced leader with demonstrated experience in talent strategy, having worked with senior stakeholders in high-growth, tech-focused companies, you’ll play a pivotal role in ensuring we attract the best talent on our mission to faster, smarter medical research. To do this, you’ll:
- Have extensive experience in leading and growing the global Talent Acquisition topic in a fast-paced SaaS scale-up;
- Bring proven success in managing and developing international Talent Acquisition Teams (of individual contributors and managers) to deliver on very ambitious hiring goals and talent strategies;
- Have experience in forecasting, budgeting, and resource planning;
- An excellent understanding of building and using hiring metrics;
- Experience in running end-to-end executive-level and senior talent searches.
What you’ll learn
It’s a crucial time for Castor. We’re on ‘full power mode’ and scaling up at an exponential rate. For you, the opportunities are endless:
- Lead and grow a large international talent team for a fast-growing SaaS start-up;
- The opportunity to build your experience in setting strategy for remote-first teams;
- Be involved in maximizing the impact of medical research and improving healthcare worldwide.
What you’ll get
At Castor, we truly live our core values, believing we can achieve anything with a healthy and happy team. With this in mind, we offer the following benefits:
- A flexible and remote working opportunity
- A competitive salary and a guaranteed 'happy holidays' bonus
- Depending on your location we also contribute to a pension plan or 401k and medical benefits (for US candidates only)
- Investing in our talent with a strong Employee Stock Option Plan
- Up to 30 days annual leave (plus national holiday days)
- Interested in ‘lifelong learning’? You’ll love using our development and training budget
- Flexible approach to working - nobody is tracking your time
- A MacBook or Dell laptop, we’re a tech start-up after all ;)
- Like to feel zen? You’ll love our company subscription to Calm for meditation and yoga
You can contact Jamey ([email protected]) or Daphne ([email protected]) at Humans Doing for any questions. Check out the role profile for some further insights, or apply now!
Castor continues to grow as an Equal Opportunities Employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of colour, and people from the LGBTQ(+) community. In your application, please feel free to share the pronouns you use (for example, she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc.).