Formative is looking for an experienced Quality Testing Analyst to join our awesome Engineering team! Are you interested in an amazing opportunity that also makes a difference? Are you right for our team? Our web-app, Formative ([goformative.com](https://goformative.com)), is used by 50K+ teachers and 1M+ students every week, helping teachers see student responses in real-time for immediate feedback and tracking growth to learning standards.
You will play a key role in carving out a future for our web application and for the future of education. We want you to be opinionated, factual, but willing to compromise. You should be comfortable both giving and receiving feedback from peers. We want to make each other better.
With your input, help, and expertise we will build an application that will ultimately collect more classroom data on student learning than any in human history. We want to use that data to help teachers, schools, parents, students and entire communities have unprecedented academic growth.
About the Position
As the Quality Testing Analyst, you will work hands-on with our engineering team. Ideally, you will have a passion for learning about platform bugs, replicating these, and then ensuring they are resolved after our engineers tackle the issues. Daily tasks and duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and implementing test plans and strategies
- Detecting bugs and software defects
- Developing and automating tests for software/system validation
- Testing and proving that software meets major functional, architectural, and scalability requirements
- Implementing and managing bug tracking systems; logging, tracking, and reporting on test progress through various cycles of testing
- Supporting Customer Success and Support teams in investigating and triaging customer reported technical issues
- 2+ years of Quality Assurance experience or a background in web technologies, front-end development or project coordination.
- A passion for quality and testing.
- Experience with creating test plans & test cases.
- Experience in QA testing in an agile/scrum environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and manage multiple projects at a time.
- Experience testing with integrated systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work with a rapidly growing and amazing team passionate about making a difference for teachers and education!
- Remote position within the US
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Generous 401k Company Match
- Company stock ownership
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Holidays
Formative is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.