It has never been more important that students around the world have the tools and support to learn through digital instruction and that they be able to harness the power of the written word. NoRedInk now helps students in more than 60% of middle and high schools in the U.S. become better writers. Our adaptive curriculum deeply engages learners by personalizing exercises to their interests, guides them step-by-step through the writing process, and boosts their skills through differentiated practice. We’re relentlessly focused on our mission to unlock every writer’s potential and to create a future where all students can harness the power of the written word.
To further advance our mission, we are looking for a talented Quality Assurance Engineer to join our existing team working collaboratively with engineers, product managers, designers, and other stakeholders across the organization to improve NoRedInk’s ability to help teachers and students hone their language and writing skills every day.
- Be an individual contributor within our QA team.
- Work with the team to perform manual testing, gaining a deep understanding of the features, functionality and underlying technologies of a rich and complicated product.
- Work with the team to create and maintain automated tests in Cypress, working from documentation or from exploring the product itself to determine test cases.
- Work to maintain and improve our testing environments and tooling, including Jenkins, Percy, Bugsnag, Browserstack, Cypress Dashboard, and SQL.
- 2+ years of testing experience including both manual and automated testing
- Your have a tester’s mindset and can find bugs through exploratory testing in a complicated product
- You are methodical and have excellent attention to detail
- You have strong technical writing skills
- You have experience writing automated tests using Cypress or similar testing framework
- You’re comfortable with the idea of working with continuous integration tools and infrastructure
- You’re open to working with a distributed team
- You are located between the time zones PST and CET (i.e. not earlier than PST and not later than CET)
NoRedInk offers a range of benefits to help you thrive in and out of the office, including flex PTO, a relaxed WFH policy, and paid parental leave.