Are you ready for a really ambitious position as a backend .NET developer?
And yes, the role is fully remote so you can do your job wherever you want; from the beach, the pyramids, even from the moon if you like (well, of course you need to have an internet connection).
Likvido is a (very) fast-growing startup. We are around 60 employees now, and we are aiming for a series A funding to realize our huuuuge ambitions for the coming years.
We are now looking for a skilled backend .NET developer that can impact our products and become a part of our remote tech Likvido family.
Let’s be polite and introduce ourselves first - so who are we and what are we doing?
Let's face it: accounting sucks. Entering data into a stupid system? Sending invoices? Trying to get the last decimals to match so your auditor doesn’t scream at you?
We would prefer spending time with family or friends. The same goes for our customers.
At Likvido we are automating accounting for our customers. We do this by having a super awesome product that helps you:
- Send “smart invoices” that reconcile themselves
- Send automatic reminders for invoices that go unpaid
- Pay your bills in Likvido so you don’t have to go to your bank (and the bills of course reconcile themselves)
- Automatically scan all your receipts and bills so you don’t have to enter data again
- Get paid if an invoice has not been paid on time through our debt collection system
If you really hate accounting, we also have an accountant service where our accountants take care of everything for a small price. So to summarize what Likvido is doing: We are letting you focus on what matters, instead of spending time on boring administrative work.
Our main application is a web application, where our customers can interact with the product. This web application consists of a VueJS frontend and an API - using the Backend For Frontend (BFF) approach. This means we are evolving the frontend and API in a symbiosis, where the API requests are tailored to the exact use-cases of the frontend. The styling of the frontend is a custommade look built with Sass and designed by our in-house UX/UI designer in cooperation with Studio Skulptur: https://www.studioskulptur.com/likvido. The API is running on .NET 5 and written in C#, but we also have a legacy ASP.NET MVC application running on old .NET framework - which we are in the process of getting rid of.
We run all of our services in Microsoft Azure. The most recent services are running on AKS (Azure Kubernetes Services), and the legacy services are running on App Service. Our goal is to move everything to AKS. All of our source code is hosted on Github and we use Github Actions to deploy our services to AKS. We deploy to production at least once per day.
We use SQL Server and Azure Blobs for our data storage needs. We might introduce MongoDB or CosmosDB for specific use cases, as we are generally very open to adopting new technologies, whenever they provide some nice improvements over our current stack. Our general architecture is to build bounded contexts, with a number of services and databases inside each context. The services are small and scalable, and we use both queues, event grids and HTTP APIs for communicating between services.
You will join our current team, consisting of 9 developers, both frontend and full stack developers, plus a product team with UX/UI designers and product managers. We expect you to participate in the whole product workflow - from idea to production. You will help build new features, do code reviews, make releases, and make sure your features work and continue to work in production. You will also help us push forward our technical stack and infrastructure, to improve the performance, availability and scalability of our products.
Being a Backend developer at Likvido, your job is to improve our product and build great technical solutions! Day-to-day that means:
- Implement new features
- Help maintain our current products
- Actively participate in team meetings, discussing product feature improvements as well as technical issues and improvements
- Make code-reviews and be responsible for the features you build
- Help push forward our platform and codebase, to make sure it is easy to maintain and performs well
You will also participate in the development process like your other colleagues, which means maintaining the current codebase, adding new features, doing code reviews etc. We are moving towards forming small autonomous teams, with a very high level of ownership and influence over the product and the technologies. This environment provides a lot of freedom for the teams to take control over their work, and let their creativity unfold.
We are looking for someone who can say “YES!” to the following:
- I am a backend developer with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar position.
- I put great pride in my work, and I like to solve challenging problems in ways that will make maintenance easy.
- I enjoy following the technology trends and consider how they can be used to solve the problems we face.
- I have strong opinions, but I understand and respect the opinions of others as well, and I will seek to resolve conflicts in a productive manner.
- I have multiple years of experience with C#, Modern .NET stack (.Net Core, .NET 5), Git, MSSQL
So without further ado: If you consider yourself a top backend developer, and feel like having a very ambitious role is the next step in your career - APPLY!
- You will work 100% remote along with our existing team
- We work within CET office hours but are flexible to accommodate other schedules
- We pay a good salary
- We expect you to be fluent in English
- The position is full-time
- You manager will be operating from Denmark