We want to help tens of millions of students worldwide change their lives through data science education, and you’ll play a key role in helping us get there. We’re looking for collaborative and passionate team members, to help us continue to build out our 30+ person remote, global team.
This is a fully remote company and we are open to applications worldwide. You don't have to match all of the listed requirements to apply, we're truly looking for people who can grow along with our diverse and global team.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to develop, manage, and execute on a product roadmap focused on learner outcomes. You will be responsible for developing strategies and tactics to improve the learning experience and increase subscription renewals. You'll be one of two product managers at the company and will have an opportunity to shape the product philosophy as we continue in our journey to become a Product-led organization. You'll need to be hands-on with all phases of the product development life-cycle.
You will collaborate with the Content, Design, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales teams to design and build the core learning experience for Dataquest's offerings. Additionally, as a key spokesperson for the Product, you must be comfortable engaging with customers, partners, and internal teams in both small and large group settings.
This role reports to the Sr. Director of Content.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Understand user needs: Adopt a customer-centric approach to understand user needs
- Develop a market-driven content roadmap: Work within a cross-functional team to deliver on product strategies that contribute to a product-led growth model
- Prioritized based on insights: Distill, synthesize, and organize qualitative and quantitative information to prioritize new platform features and courses
- Manage the product roadmap: Build and manage product roadmap to focused on improving learning outcomes and reducing subscription churn. This includes working on the learning platform, practice and assessment features, new courses, and author enablement.
- Evaluatetrade-offs: Prioritize requirements across conflicting dimensions, and bring a data-driven mindset to creating acceptance criteria and other success metrics
- Execute on the roadmap: Define and validate product requirements and execute the short- and long-term roadmap to deliver on company goals
- Measure success: Establish measurements to assess the value of product initiatives and features
- Collaborate: Contribute to a culture of collaboration and inclusion across all disciplines
What we're looking for - Minimum requirements
- 7+ years professional experience, 2+ in a product role
- Proven track record of success in a edtech product role, and a passion for learning
- Strong understanding of best practices for adult learning, including curriculum design, instructional design, assessments, and project-based learning
- Capable of "wearing many hats" and working with a lean product team
- Ability to facilitate collaboration and lead cross-functional, remote teams
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills, ability to communicate well and resolve conflicts among multiple stakeholders
- Ability to mentor and spread knowledge among team members regardless of formal reporting structures
- Ability to translate user and business needs into clear product opportunities and requirements
- Exhibits empathy for users and ability to discover user needs and identify problems via research, testing, and analysis
- Excellent self-management skills, including time management, prioritization, attention to detail, and proactiveness.
- Can work independently with data and make decisions backed by both quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience with agile project management tools and processes
- Experience with analytics and reporting tools (e.g. Amplitude, Mode, etc.)
- Experience with user-research tools and techniques
Nice to have experience
- Familiarity with the data science and analytics industry
- Experience managing a subscription-based product
- Experience using experiments and A/B testing to support decision making
Our Compensation Philosophy:
We benchmark everyone against a high-paying anchor market and add a cost of living multiplier. This approach allows us to hire the best candidates and retain the best talent for each role regardless of location, as well as bringing more diversity to our team.
The salary range for this role is between $93,500 and $175,000. The final number will depend on the selected candidate's location and years of experience in a similar role.
Some perks of working at Dataquest:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- An annual professional development allowance
- Free Dataquest account for life
- The chance to see your impact on the lives of our students every day
- The opportunity to be part of an engaged and mission-driven team
- The chance to contribute to team direction
- 100% remote with flexible working hours
- A supportive environment where help is always accessible