That’s where we come in! We turn the grind of retail communications into an engaging, effective, aha solution. The Zipline platform ensures that the right people get the right information in the right way. Everyone is on the same page, tasks are tracked and life feels less like a perpetual game of hair-on-fire.
With Zipline, employees feel more connected, understand the role they play in the brand’s mission and can feel good about the work they’re doing. This is important to us because retail is one of America’s most populous workforces but also one of the most underserved. Through Zipline, we can touch on one in four American workers who are often minority, women, and working part-time while studying or taking care of the family.
We love helping retailer workers love their jobs because we know how much better life is when you love your work. This year, Retail Zipline became a Great Place to Work-Certified. 97 percent of our employees say Zipline is a great place to work, compared to 59% of employees at a typical U.S.-based company. What’s even more impressive is that 100% of employees say, “I can be myself around here”, “I am treated as a full member here regardless of my position” and “People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.” 100 percent! You can’t beat the Zipline culture.
For this role, we are looking for someone who will be responsible for building the ‘client-side’ of our web applications. Your duties will include translating our company and customer needs into a functional and appealing digital environment, ensuring a great user experience!
- Taking projects from inception to completion, and are outcome-oriented.
- Being proactive with communication and have no problem managing your time as a remote employee.
- Proud of your craft, and enjoy and value clean code that scales to keep large teams productive.
- Develop user-friendly web pages, using markup languages like HTML
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and design mobile-based features
- Develop quality mockups and prototypes
- Review, maintain and improve the company’s website
- Work together with back-end developers and web designers to improve the usability
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Collect feedback from users and build solutions based on this data
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Maintain high-quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Keep in touch with the latest trends in web development
- Sc degree in Computer Science or another relevant area
- You have relevant production experience (one to three years) with large-scale rails applications
- Good experience with software like Adobe Suite, Photoshop, and content management systems
- Good understanding of layout aesthetics and SEO principles
- Knowledge of browser testing and debugging
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills with an ability to perform well in a dynamic environment
- You are an excellent knowledge of browser troubleshooting and debugging practices and techniques
- You have some experience with React, Angular, Node, Flux, Redux or similar tools
- You have a strong sense of web design and are attuned to the fundamentals of user experience.
- You’re familiar with the whole web stack
- 3+ years’ experience of working on a Front-end Developer position
- Excellent understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment)
More about you:
- Retail experience is an asset, but not required
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Project or Basecamp
- Ability to effectively communicate to, present to, influence or befriend all levels within an organization.
- Outstanding listening and writing skills, and a keen ability to translate complex concepts into simple, persuasive language.
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills to build relationships across the company with both ours as well as our customers.
- Self-motivated, dependable, and dedicated.
What’s In It for You:
- Remote office: Join an effective remote team and work where you’re comfortable
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world
- Benefits: 401k, and world-class medical, dental, and vision policies
- Team Fun: Twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We’ve done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Mexico City
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- And Much More!
We value diversity of all kinds and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Want to learn more about us?
How do we work? Remotely. We have been 100% remote since the company was founded and we have it down to a science – – a people science. We huddle as a team weekly and as a company 3 times a week. On Fridays, we come together to learn from each other. One week it might be about opossum rescue. Another week it might be an update on our product roadmap or the results of our customer satisfaction survey. We are all masters of Zoom and love the freedom of working from home – – or vans – – or sailboats.
Sound too good to be true? We haven’t even gotten to our customers! Think about the best retail brands, from your favorite tennis shoes to yoga pants. They’re customers. And, in addition to dozens of specialty retailers, this year we added grocery store, pharmacy, and convenience store brands. In fact, we more than doubled our customers in 2020.
And, the word is getting out. We are featured regularly in the press, mostly because of the results we get from our customers. Here’s a look at just some of the articles published recently. We also picked up some awards in 2020. CBInsights ranked us one of the 100 most promising B2B retail tech companies in the world. And, our CEO was a TechTrailblazer finalist. (Check out her articles on Forbes to see her passion for retail and solving its biggest challenges.)
We have made incredible progress but changing the industry is hard. We are well funded by leading venture capital firms like Emergence Capital and ready to scale. We need your help to improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees. Cumbersome, slow, and inefficient systems should not be the status quo. Help us retool retail.