Articulate is seeking a Technical Account Manager. As a Technical Account Manager, you will function as a technical point-of-contact for our largest enterprise customers. From pre-sale through renewal, you are responsible for ensuring the technical success of an assigned group of our most important clients. Further, your responsibilities will extend to occasions when EAMs or CSMs will request technical assistance from a TAM. These requests will come by way of emails or conference calls with unassigned accounts. More explicitly, this job will manage the technical success of accounts like Accenture, PG&E, Deloitte, Nestle, Visa, Amazon, and Nielsen.
What You’ll do:
- Answer escalated technical questions from enterprise customers (1) during sales process and (2) post-sale, sometimes when our enterprise deployment article has been sent
- Assist customers with questions on enterprise deployment, network endpoints, or SSO.
- Own the SSO implementation of assigned customers and assist Associate TAMs in the SSO implementation process for unassigned customers as needed
- Assist enterprise customers with tough technical problems with installation or authentication, delegating simple support cases to a lower tier of support when needed.
- Assist assigned enterprise customers with challenging project-specific or environmental problems.
- Maintain ownership and communication overall technical issues of assigned enterprise customers until you have proof positive that the problem is resolved for all users.
- This role can never assume that we’ve resolved a problem.
- Assist Enterprise Account Managers (EAMs) and Strategic Account Managers (SAMs) with escalated ongoing technical problems for assigned enterprise customers.
- When asked by a Customer Success Manager (CSM) or SAM, attend regularly-scheduled customer meetings such as QBRs or bug updates.
- Advocate for bugs and features reported by assigned enterprise customers.
- Communicate regularly with EAMs, SAMs, and CSMs to update them on the technical success of assigned enterprise customers.
- When asked to assist with an unassigned account, a summary of your interactions should be supplied to EAMs, SAMs and CSMs.
- Communicate with assigned enterprise customers via email, phone, and web meetings.
- This role will spend more face time with customers than other Support roles.
- Be proactive and deadline-driven in your approach to work.
- Use excellent time management and organization skills, initiating and completing multiple simultaneous special projects according to schedule.
- Confirm the validity of all software defects before involving other Articulate teams.
- Provide sufficient data for further troubleshooting, and collaborate with Engineering staff to recreate problems in a test environment.
- Meet with the Engineering Team for periodic reviews of product architecture changes.
- Coordinate with LCA for suggested engineering meetings to attend.
- Participate in product testing when asked, and provide input to the Engineering Team, acting as a customer advocate for product improvement.
- Participate in occasional (no more than monthly) after-hours support for customers in other time zones.
- Develop documented solutions, detailed client instructions, and other documentation as needed to assist customers with specific incidents.
- Contribute toward the Articulate knowledge base.
- Use our CRM system, Salesforce, to record, track, and close incidents via our case management system.
- Function as backup support for other members of the Support Team.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Push the envelope for change!
- Strive to better the TAM duties and procedures for the betterment of the company and your colleagues.
What you should have:
- You must be able to exhibit a minimum of 5 years of technical support experience with desktop software applications and web tools.
- You are quick to pick up the phone and clarify needs and next steps, especially in the event of a misunderstanding.
- You are a digital native; you innately possess a deep and broad knowledge of all things technical, including but not limited to: Extensive experience with Windows, Office and a wide variety of Windows applications, including experience troubleshooting installation problems and examining Windows Event Logs.; Mac/Parallels experience is a plus; experience with iOS and Android devices.
- Web Technologies, including all major browsers, email delivery, accessibility tools, and challenges such as low bandwidth, proxy servers, content filters, and firewalls.
- No fear of logs you can jump in and attempt to decipher any log file from any application, for example within Windows Event Logs, Installer Logs, LMS Debug Logs, Tin Can API Communication logs, Fiddler logs, and DxDiag logs.
- Basic understanding of corporate networks and security protocols.
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS.
- You are able to handle stressful situations while maintaining a friendly and professional attitude.
- Master using the Voice of Articulate in the delivery of technical information, as well as in all regular communication with customers.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills; able to convey complex concepts concisely and clearly to customers with professionalism, empathy, and excellent grammar and spelling.
- You are positive, empathetic, driven, collaborative, flexible, and confident.
You’re the ideal candidate if:
- Experience with Articulate tools and applications.
- Experience with remote troubleshooting applications including Windows Remote Desktop, GoToAssist, or join.me.
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Slack, Zoom, WebEx, GoToMeeting, or Microsoft Teams.
- A Basic understanding of the AICC, SCORM, and Tin Can API specifications and experience with Learning Management Systems is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting web communication problems using Fiddler, HttpWatch, or Browser Developer Tools.
You have read our human-centered organization framework and are in sync with it 100%.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company s success. And we all strive to do what s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.
Learn more about our culture.