InVision is the visual collaboration platform powering the worlds best companies. The heart of InVision is Freehand, our online digital whiteboard. We built Freehand to transform the way people work together. Transformation is a bold term, but we stand by it. So do our users from Amazon, Anthem, and American Express. And thats just the As. We are trusted by 100% of the Fortune 100 because we understand that collaboration is about more than just seeing each other - its about fueling each other. More than 7 million people across global enterprises and small teams come to us when they are looking to transform the way they work together. InVisions platform, education, and community enable businesses to work across distances and disciplines to unlock the expertise of every team member and deliver powerful business results.
What sets Freehand apart is not a thousand specialized bells and whistles for power-users. What is special about Freehand is the way it puts people at ease, encourages their creativity, and elevates their individual voice so that every member of a team can contribute meaningfully. Freehand is designed to be intuitive, inclusive, versatile, and enterprise ready. It is refreshingly simple, but surprisingly robust.
Were on a mission to transform the way people work together by helping them collaborate better. On anything. From anywhere.
We are shaping the future of work.
Come join us.
InVision is a globally distributed, 100% remote organization. Our internal culture is made up of diverse, collaborative connections across more than 25 countries forming a community where everyone belongs, thrives, and grows.
Our team is in search of a Director of Engineering to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
The Platform Engineering Organization is a force-multiplier across all of our Engineering teams, building and owning infrastructure, services, and tooling designed to enable engineers to own and manage their systems, including data storage solutions, and driving best practices around efficiency and reliability. Our ideal candidate has experience working on or managing teams driving reliability and efficiency with data storage or event streaming infrastructure.
What youll do:
- Manage a team of 7-10 engineers in a fully distributed environment across various time zones in multiple countries
- Work with stakeholders both within and across your organization, from Engineers to Executives
- Plan the work of the team, lead the spring planning and coordinate with other teams on their sprint planning to ensure alignment across the Platform organization
- Mentor and help engineers in your team to plan and execute their career paths
- Seek out and listen to the customer, and work with your team to create solutions that will have the highest impact
- Create a culture of innovation on the team where ideas are generated and executed
- Review technical proposals from the team and make sure they are sound
What youll bring:
- Prior experience managing a team (or teams) of Engineers with a servant leader approach to leadership we serve our teams, not the other way around
- Experience with cloud computing platforms
- Experience with infrastructure management tools, processes and service-ownership culture
- Experience with efficient and reliable use of data storage or streaming technologies like MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, or Kafka
- Bias towards action, absolute willingness to own the problem and drive towards a speedy solution; you wont stop until the problem is solved with an effective solution
- Keen eye for details and delivering quality products on tight timelines; you can motivate your team to find solutions which may be outside of the box, you approach problem spaces from many angles
- Ability to comprehend and understand complex systems as a whole, and also to focus in and communicate relevant aspects of the system to non-technical stakeholders
- Collaborative nature, with willingness and desire to work across multiple teams and departments; you can take all concerned parties into consideration and craft solutions which are win-win for everyone