You'll be part of our growing Developer Experience team looking at emerging technologies and helping to define the future of how frontends are developed with our Frontend Composable Platform
What you'll be responsible for
- Partner with our Principal Backend Developer, acting as the go-to person for tricky technological decisions which drive the sustainable development of our SaaS platform
- Guide the team to make sensible decisions increasing current and future development pace
- Work (pairing, mentoring, and coaching) with the team to improve individual skills
- Software development on our SaaS frontend, the libraries provided to our customers, and the cloud function executor (node.js) as you see fit
What's it like working in our Developer Experience team?
Our team is here to make sure that our platform gives the best user experience possible.
- We're working hard on enhancing the stack and tooling so that our customers can enjoyably create the best commerce sites on the planet. This is how our value Make an impactreally drives us every day.
- We're also a genuine team. When we come across challenges, we make sure that we can always rely on each other's strengths and close collaboration (We're in this together) both within the team and beyond the team. We regularly practice pair programming or co-working because working in a remote team doesn't mean not working together or working alone.
- We're passionate learners. Technology is always evolving, and we're constantly on the lookout for new ideas that could improve the experience for our customers. Our value Thirst for learning has special meaning for our team. To achieve our goals together, we have a curiosity that motivates the study, willingness to share our knowledge, and acceptance that sometimes we fail to learn more.
What you'll accomplish in your first 90-days
- Release some code used in customer projects, might be insignificant
You'll likely have this experience
- Track record of designing developer-facing software libraries
- Experience with scaling high load node.js backends and the involved necessary automation
- Continuously maintained at least 1 application with production usage for more than 3 years
- Experience in eCommerce is a plus, but not required
- Experience with the concrete technologies we use is a plus, but not required: TypeScript, React, Redux, SCSS, Webpack, Babel, MaterialUI
Our technical stack
- React (plain and TypeScript) and Next.js in the frontend
- MaterialUI, SCSS and Tailwind
- PHP with Symfony and Node.js in the backend
- MySQL and CouchDB as databases
- A remote setup and processes tailored for remote workers
- The freedom of planning your work around life and not the other way round we want you to bring your full self to work, and this includes owning your daily routines
- A company laptop of your choice and a personal budget for any additional equipment you need you'll be able to purchase it yourself with a virtual company credit card
- A 5-day yearly retreat where we meet with the whole team and spend time together at a beautiful place for additional social bonding
Our hiring process
We've designed our hiring process with the candidate experience in mind. This is important to us as we know to build the best product possible, we need the best people. Learn more about our hiring process.
We aim to respond to all candidates within 72 hours (except weekends).
- Submit your application to our team for review
- Discovery call (25min) with Kore, our Chief Technology Officer, to discuss the role, our culture, and find out if it's a good alignment with your own preferences and skills
- Culture questions (via email) to see how you approach important topics such as growth and work planning
- First interview (60min) with Toby, our Principal Backend developer to discuss our platform and how to handle emerging technologies
- Second Interview (60min) with one of our Senior developers to discuss our engineering practices and our Developer Experience team
- You'll be invited to a stakeholder lunch (30min)where you'll get the opportunity to meet informally with some of your co-workers inour product and engineering teams
We'd love to hear from you
If you've any questions about the role, email our Talent team at [emailprotected]. Applications will only be accepted directly through the job application form.
Visit our careers" target="_blank">https://www.frontastic.cloud/careers%22">careers page on our website to find out more about our organization and culture.
If this role isn't for you, but you know of someone who'd be a great fit, we'd really appreciate it if you'd share this role with them!
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.