We are looking for aSenior Data Engineerto become a core member ofour team and to help us wrangle a super interesting dataset with millions of work interactions all loaded into one massivegraph database!
The successful candidate should have a passion for data engineeringand the ability to innovate - there will be no instructions booklet, it's up to you and the team to develop a new cutting edge application from scratch while following software engineering best practice. However,above all else, you should enjoy working independently in a startup environment with all the pros and cons that that entails. You would be filling a key seniorrole in our young team which we think requires at least 4-5 years of hands on data engineering experience but we are known to have made exceptions if we really like someone :)
Your job responsibilities would include ...
- Development, automation and scaling of our data pipeline
- Implementestablished best practice where appropriate, innovate where not
- Identify, design and implement process improvements (i.e. automate manual processes, re-design infrastructure, etc)
- Mentor junior data engineers
All team members are offered the following perks ...
- Flexible working hours (i.e. we don't care when you work, within reason, as long as the work gets done)
- Working from home (i.e. we don't care from where you work, whatever makes you most productive)
- Working from home expenses (i.e. we pay for your home Internet and any other reasonable expenses)
- New laptop via EMI purchase (i.e. you buy it and own it but you can expense the monthly repayments)
- Unlimited leave (i.e. we don't count days off so take as many as you need as long as the work gets done)
- Training courses (i.e. we want you to keep learning so we pay for relevant courses and give you time off)
- Share options plan (i.e. once you're past probation you will get access to our employee share options plan)
- Opportunity to fast track your career with our highly motivated team
To be successful,you would need thefollowing skills ...
- Excellent problem-solving skills are a must-have
- Solid hands-on experiencewithApache Airflowis a must-have
- Experience developing and maintainingdistributed system is another must-have
- Solid understanding of software engineering standards, methods and design principles is a must-have
- Hands-on experience with Google Kubernetes would be a big plus
- Familiarity withGoogle Cloud Platformtools in general is a bonus
- Experience with graph databases such as Neo4j would be nice
- Understanding of GraphQL APIs would also be helpful along the line
All our team members shouldbe ...
- Capable of working with almost no supervision (i.e. be self-driven, able to organize their own tasks, QA their own work and spot their own errors, explore new approaches, manage time frames/deadlines, etc)
- Great written and spoken communicators (i.e. solid written and spoken English skills, efficiently use of instant messaging and other remote team platforms, ability to document code/tasks, know when to bother other people with their own problems, etc)
- Team workers with a strong collaborative attitude (i.e. interest in other team member's challenges, ready to help with constructive suggestions unasked, never make any fuss about other people's mistakes, positive can-do attitude all around, etc)
- Obsessed with perfection and driven by a constant need to optimize (i.e. always wanting to look for a way of doing things even better than they already are, etc)
- Hungry for knowledge and passionate about their chosen discipline in the right way (i.e. not merely applying the most fancy algorithms or tools but instead the ones best suited to solve the business problem at hand)
- Committed as in ready to stay with us for the long run (i.e. recruitment, on-boarding, and training are extremely time-consuming tasks we do not want to go through time and time again)
Please doNOT apply if ...
- You do not know how to write optimized code efficiently (i.e. fast)
- You do not have experience managing infrastructure to support pipelines
- You do not feel comfortable working for a startup
- You do not believe in what Tribes.AI is doing