You'll be part of our engineering team to maintain and scale our customer extensible backend for front-end powering many high-profile eCommerce sites.
What is it like working in our team?
"We're a very technical team, and we approach every challenge head-on. We know we can rely on each other, and we live by our values we're in this together. With a unique product comes unique challenges, and we overcome them using our strengths and expertise." Jim, Backend Developer
What you'll accomplish in your first 90-days
- Assist Carlos, Jim, and Toby in finishing the 1st version of our new cloud function extension points
- Ask Kore, our Chief Technical Officer everything you want to know about our stack and architecture
- Release your 1st library or API addition to production with Carlos, our Backend Developer
- Bond with your team members and Catherine, our Product Manager
- Discuss future features with Heidi, our Product Lead and Peter, our Chief Product Officer to build a shared understanding and communicate technical trade-offs of potential implementations
You'll likely have this experience
- PHP knowledge of Symfony or a similar framework is a plus
- Testing PHP code: domain logic with unit tests, and the most critical user paths with end-to-end tests
- Relational databases, document-based databases, and/or key-value storages
- Infrastructure automation tooling, knowing Ansible and Terraform in particular would be a plus
- Managing and scaling node.js servers
- Go and Bash would be a plus, but not required
- React (plain and TypeScript) and Next.js in the frontend
- MaterialUI, SCSS, and Tailwind
- PHP with Symfony and Node.js in the backend
- MySQL and CouchDB as databases
Find out more about our perks and benefits.
- A remote setup and processes tailored for remote workers
- The freedom of planning your work around life and not the other way round we want you to bring your full self to work, and this includes owning your daily routines
- A company laptop of your choice and a personal budget for any additional equipment you need you'll be able to purchase it yourself with a virtual company credit card
- A 5-day yearly retreat where we meet with the whole team and spend time together at a beautiful place for additional social bonding
Our hiring process for this role:
1 Submit your application to our team for review
2 You'll be invited to take part in a short technical assessment via. Codility
3 Discovery call (25min) with Kore, our Chief Technology Officer to discuss the role, our culture, and find out if it's a good alignment with your own preferences and skills
4 Culture questions (via email) to see how you approach important topics such as growth and work planning
5 First interview (60min) with Toby, our Prinicipal Backend Developer to look deeper into our backend practices
6 Second interview (60min) with one of our Senior Fullstack Developer or Backend Developers to learn more about what impact you'll have in this role
7 Stakeholder Lunch (30min) an informal chat with members of the Experience team to get to know who you'll be working with
We'd love to hear from you
If you've any questions about the role, email our Talent team at [emailprotected]. Applications will only be accepted directly through the job application form.
Visit our careers" target="_blank">https://www.frontastic.cloud/careers%22">careers page on our website to find out more about our organization and culture.
If this role isn't for you, but you know of someone who'd be a great fit, we'd really appreciate it if you'd share this role with them!
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.