Im Nicolas, TestGorillas Head of Engineering. Were a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps hiring teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
- The opportunity to work in a fast-growing, VC-backed HR tech startup
- Competitive package incl. bonus and stock options
- Your hours are flexible, and so is your vacation
- You can work wherever you want We work remotely!
The role in context
- We are looking for aBackend Engineerto join our engineering department and help us bring our product to Enterprise level maturity. Your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of users around the world.
- As a member of the engineering team, youll build and deliver backend solutions such as APIs, integrations, and architecture components to enable the rapid growth of all our products.
- Youll own the design, code, and deployment of solutions and make sure they perform and scale in production.
- Youll spend time on the following
- Create highly scalable and reliable microservices architectures
- Lead the entire software development and delivery cycle from ideation to deployment and everything in between
- Write clean, tested, and well-documented code
- Apply modern backend technologies, including but not limited to Python,Django, Redis, and AWS
- Efficiently utilize DevOps tools and practices to deliver high-quality software as well as value to end customers as early as possible
- Work in a collaborative, talented distributed team across Europe, United States, South America, and Asia
- You will act as a mentor for less-experienced team members through both your technical knowledge and leadership skills
Heres what were looking for
- You have 4-6 years of experience insoftware development& delivery
- You can efficiently write high-quality, well-tested code and you are comfortable with functional and Object-Oriented programming languages
- You have experience building distributed and highly scalable systems including REST APIs and event-driven architectures
- You have strong knowledge about data storage design using relational and NoSQL databases
- You understand the importance of reliable monitoring, deployment strategies, and a highly scalable and robust cloud infrastructure
- You are passionate about improving skills and learning new technologies
- You enjoy influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change
- Youre resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- You have strong written and verbalcommunicationskills. You can validate your decisions and communicate them clearly
Bonus points if
you have experience in a SaaS product based company
you are comfortable with Agile methods, such as Extreme Programming (XP), Scrum, and/or Kanban
have a working knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, and Docker
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free. I took one too and I enjoyed it!
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, Id like youto take an assessmentso we can get a better idea about whether you would fit the role. Its also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If youre hired, Ill do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career.