MEMX is searching for a Staff Accountant for its U.S. stock exchange. You will join the Finance Team, a highly engaged and collaborative group that will provide a hands-on, structured environment for you to learn and broaden your accounting skills and knowledge. The team is lean and involved throughout the firm, so you can expect exposure to a wide range of finance and accounting functions. This opportunity will be mostly remote for an early career hire or can be fully remote for a seasoned applicant.
- Responsible for timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas including general accounting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable,
- Review and reconcile cash activity,
- Code vendor invoices to correct approvers and expense accounts in accordance with accounts payable procedures,
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with vendors and resolve accounts payable queries,
- Perform reconciliations of balance sheet accounts and assist in monthly close process and financial statement preparation,
- Maintain and reconcile prepaid expenses and fixed assets,
- Provide support to the Finance team with audits and special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required,
- At least 1-3 years’ related experience required,
- Organized and attentive to detail,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Adaptable to and enjoys new technology,
- Must have a high degree of personal responsibility and proactivity in line with our remote first work environment,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with intermediate knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs, etc.),
- Financial services or technology background preferred,
- Experience with Sage Intacct, Bill.com, Expensify, or comparable systems a plus but not required.
At MEMX you will have the ability to work with a talented team of professionals who bring diversity of thought and background. You will have the opportunity to shape the future of our company and the impact MEMX will have on our clients and the broader markets. We offer competitive employee benefits and perks and will continue to make this a priority to attract the best.
*MEMX has currently approved ONLY the following state for remote work: New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Texas.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:Selected US States.