Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Vice President of Finance and Operations will set the vision for and oversee internal functions of Latinos for Education including finance, talent and culture, organizational effectiveness, and general operations.
Strategy, Vision, and Leadership 30%
- Set the vision for all internal functions of the organization including finance, talent and culture, and general operations.
- Advise the COO on financial planning, cash flow, allocation priorities, and policy matters.
- Contribute to the development of Latinos for Education’s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
- Support the COO in determining and reporting on organizational effectiveness metrics.
- Establish medium and long term goals for evolving the finance and operations functions during a critical growth period.
Finance, Talent, and Operations Management 60%
- Direct and execute all financial needs for the organization:
- Lead budget and cash-flow forecasting for internal and external use.
- Refine and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
- Lead accounting needs such as grants payments, payroll, accounts payable, purchasing, and contract management.
- Plan and oversee the annual audit and budget processes.
- Create grant budgets and financial reports.
- Liaise with external providers of employee benefits including 401k plan, health insurance, etc.
- Ensure Latinos for Education has the team and culture to drive our work:
- Oversee the all aspects of talent management including hiring, on-boarding, performance management, policies, HR compliance, and compensation.
- Oversee the organization's culture strategy centered on our core values, learning, and development.
- Oversee our general operations to support our growth and ensure cohesion across the organization:
- Lead integration and implementation of all information technology and knowledge management systems (computers, tech platforms, etc.).
- Liaise with attorneys for legal matters.
General Management 10%
- Hire, grow, and retain Finance and Operations staff members; Support the team's development and execution of goals and projects.
- Participate in team meetings, retreats, and learning opportunities.
OUR PERSON -
- Total years of experience: 12+
- Functional experience: 7+
- Bachelor's Degree (in Business, Nonprofit Management, Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred)
- Demonstrated excellence in managing finance, accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting in a nonprofit organization
- Self-starter and desire to build out this critical function
- Sharp analytic, organization, and problem solving skills
- Previous experience managing and developing others
- CPA or masters in finance, business, nonprofit management, or related field
- Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
- Job Location: Flexible
- Salary Range: $130,000 - $160,000
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:USA Only.