We are a small team of passionate and idealistic people who have worked in fintech at Wealthsimple, Amazon, PayPal, Square, Transferwise; and our amazing Art Directors have done creative work for Google, Facebook, Slack and many others.
We have just raised $2 million in seed funding from some world-class fintech investors who believe in our mission to help Americans save while having some fun.
Our backers include Walkabout Ventures, Portage Ventures, F-Prime Ventures as well as a host of angels and fintech operators including the first investor in Clubhouse.
What we strive for:
- Fighting convention
- Inclusivity within our team and and product
- Putting the client’s interests first
- Humor and nostalgia are core parts of our offering
- Respecting and helping each other
- Opinions and fresh ideas
Read more about our values on our landing page.
- In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Design a game that helps people save money while having fun - possibly a world first!
- Leverage 7 amazing unique characters and the beautiful Moneyworld landscape to creative immersive, exciting gameplay around:
- Our savings goals and milestones system
- Rewards system (small cash bonuses and physical brand prizes, like a Starbucks gift certificate) for savings progress
- Daily character driven mini-interactions leading to rewards
- The build out of mini-games within Moneyworld, including trivia as our first game
- Be part of the early team who will launch our beta product in late 2021
We are looking for someone with some of the below:
- 2+ years of game design experience, with a passion for digital pets and casual/idle games like Neko Atsume.
- Familiarity with mobile games built in React Native.
- A lighthearted touch, and a deep love for good humor and creating joy (and ideally some laughter) for the player.
- A big imagination and quirky, out of the box vision for how our characters come to life.
- An understanding of layering in multi-player elements.
- A perspective on the trade-offs of using a game engine like Unity vs building in React Native (our art is all 2D - see our landing page for the aesthetic)
- An excellent eye for design and smooth experiences.
- A passion for re-imagining the financial system to get better outcomes for consumers.
Nice to have:
- Experience or particular passion for:
- Metaverse building
- Community building
- Social networks
- Likes cute characters in the Japanese Kawaii style
Our tech stack:
- Our backend is written in Nodejs and deployed on Heroku.
- Our frontend is a mobile-only app written in React Native to make it easier for us to deploy on both iOS and Android.
- We also use Expo to manage our mobile application to simplify iterating and deploying to the respective app stores.
- Please feel free to apply if you believe strongly in our mission, even if you feel you don't meet all of the above.
- Contract role or full time is a possibility.
- While we will have significant presences in NY and Toronto, we are a remote first company and are looking for the best talent from around the world — regardless of time zone.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:Anywhere.