Global Payroll Specialist
Location: Remote, Anywhere
Platform.sh is seeking an exceptional Global Payroll Specialist to manage all aspects of international payroll as we rapidly grow and scale across existing and new geographies. Reporting to the Accounting Manager this position will work closely with our finance and people ops teams to process payroll timely and accurately across our locations across Europe, North America, Australia.
- Own and oversee payroll related statutory requirements, such as registrations, federal, state and local taxes, account setup for tax jurisdictions, etc
- Process and collect data for semi-monthly and monthly payroll for all employees and contractors working with our payroll vendors
- Calculate monthly commissions for a growing sales team
- Track team performance bonuses for approval and payment
- Generate yearly commission agreements as well as new hire commission agreements
- Improve commission processes
- Ensure all contractor invoices are accurate and transmitted to the finance team in a timely manner
- Update payroll records by approving self-service changes (i.e employee address, exemptions, and direct deposit) and entering data into databases and spreadsheets
- Make adjustments in pay for raises, bonuses and commission
- Maintain and update employee payroll records for deductions, taxes, garnishments, pension, etc
- Prepare various reports for month end, quarter end and year-end reporting
- Populate salary benchmarks to collect updated data
- Help prepare equity distribution
- Assist Platformers by responding to payroll inquiries
- Interpret company policy in processing payroll-related transactions
- Assist with payroll projects including M&A integrations and system implementations
- Actively contribute to our worldwide compliance program
- 5+ years payroll processing experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- 3+ years experience with international payroll requirements (ideally US & France} this position is also perfect should you want to take your payroll and processes skills to an international level
- Possess knowledge of payroll best practices, payroll tax, legal, benefit administration and compliance
- Possess knowledge of general accounting
- Experience working with and managing payroll [experience with ADP, Silae, Xero payroll a plus]
- Experience using Ms Office, especially Excel (pivot tables, formulas, VLOOKUP)
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to problem-solve in an effective manner
- Ability to handle confidential matters using sound judgment and discretion
If you do not have all the required skills: we are also looking for potential!
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
Were a worldwide, distributed team looking for a team member who can perform well working remotely. Youll need to be able to effectively collaborate across time zones while being given a high level of independence and autonomy.
We are a product-minded innovative and ambitious company thriving in the DevOps cloud industry.
We are a fully distributed scale-up in hyper-growth mode and with a global reach that spans frontiers (our 280+ collaborators are based in more than 30 countries).