Title: Assistant Vice President Digital Scrum Master
The AVP, Digital Scrum Master will be responsible for leading the delivery of customer facing consumer web and mobile servicing development across all Synchrony businesses and clients. This Scrum Master will work on a dynamic team with the goal of leading innovative banking solutions to production. This individual will be responsible in leading agile teams as the Scrum Master for delivery of prioritized initiatives for web and mobile servicing platforms. Additionally, the individual will be leading in production support prioritization with key stakeholders and identifying / pursing improvements.
The Synchrony Financial capabilities are developed in our Innovation Station, a collaborative environment comprised of a dedicated and cross-functional team focused on emerging technology, ideation and Agile development of new products. Whether located onsite or in remote office, this individual will be involved in daily interaction with the team located in the Innovation Station.
This position is remote, where you will work from home, and may require you to occasionally commute to one of our offices for in person engagement activities such as team meetings, training and culture events. We re proud to offer you flexibility, so remote candidates will be considered who live near any of Synchrony hubs including: Alpharetta, GA, Chicago, IL, Costa Mesa, CA, Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Altamonte Springs, FL, Charlotte, NC, Dayton, OH, St. Paul, MN or Phoenix, AZ.
- Scrum Master for multiple agile teams
- Work with business teams to shape business requirements and provide ongoing communication through project execution
- Ensures development stories, acceptance criteria, assumptions, and all related documentation are timely and complete, supporting development, testing, and user acceptance activities.
- Develop project/program plans to realize the requirements, while leading, managing, tracking, and communicating the execution of the plans and ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Generates process reports indicating velocity, burn-down, etc.
- Communicate and facilitate effectively across diverse audiences within and outside of the Sprint Team (key stakeholders, executives)
- Manage a diverse IT team consisting of application architects, application engineers, UX designers, and outsourced vendors.
- Lead projects in Waterfall or Agile methodologies. Support transition to Agile and function independently as a scrum master.
- Conduct Scrum Ceremonies: Daily Stand Ups, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Demos/Reviews, Retrospectives, and release planning.
- Manage Sprints keeping order, process, delivery, priorities accurate and on time
- Keep scrum team focused on concrete priorities while keeping outside influences from disrupting the Scrum team and actively identify and remove waste and distractions
- Work with Product Owners and QA team to ensure that testing and feedback is completed in a timely manner and meeting the Sprint timelines
- Advocate for autonomous, self-organizing, empowered, and continuously improving teams.
- Lead in production support prioritization with key stakeholders and identify and pursue improvements.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Work with cross-functional teams to create a holistic roadmap and planning for product delivery
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelors Degree and 2 years of IT experience or in lieu of degree High School Diploma/GED and 4 years of IT experience, experience in developing and implementing information systems and project management experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in developing and implementing information systems
- Minimum 2 years of experience in project management and strong understanding SDLC project management practices and /or strong agile scrum master experience.
- Experience and knowledge of mobile and web technology and development approaches.
- Experience managing offshore resources, organizing and motivate large cross-functional teams.
- Experience managing projects in large banking and financial services companies
- Experience managing multiple scrum teams in parallel
- Strong business acumen and superior decision-making skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to manage expectations of the business, clients, team members, management and external groups
- Strong cross-functional team player with the ability to work seamlessly across a matrix organization
- Creativity, enthusiasm and energy with a strong customer can do attitude and result oriented.
- Hands on, self-motivated professional style with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple initiatives
- Ability to understand technical requirements of projects and effectively manage resources, vendors and test efforts
- Desire to work in an open, collaborative and fast-paced environment
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a consistently meets expectations performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
JobType: Full Time