Location: US Locations Only; 100% Remote
- Newly created role with global reach
- Work 100% remotely or spend time in one of the city-based small offices
- Join a fast-paced growth tech business in a critical role
Assignar is a technology company building a SaaS platform that helps construction contractors run their operations. Our mission is to empower our customers to build more. We build software and a platform that helps organise workers and equipment, analyse utilisation and productivity that optimises our customers profitability.
This is an incredibly rare and exciting opportunity to lead our global Infrastructure function through growth and innovation.
The Director of Infrastructure is a hands-on leadership role responsible globally for continually assessing, improving-on and modernising multi-product customer-facing platform infrastructure, security, performance, tools & strategy. This role will provide direct input into, as well as assistance and guidance in improvement of rapid software development, deployment, scalability, visibility, reliability, resilience, incident management and cost effectiveness. You will be very familiar with the Well Architected Framework.
The Director of Infrastructure navigates the challenges that come with fast growth, global scale, and provides direct reports and team members with mentoring, coaching and career growth.
This role will require a combination of setting vision and strategy, tactical execution, and the ability to collaborate and communicate up and down the organization.
What will you bring to the table?
- Deep experience in AWS Cloud, ideally others as well. AWS certifications are highly regarded
- Experience growing a cloud platform, and leading a team to deliver a high quality experience for end-users
- Driving culture change to support scalability and growth
- Experience taking a technology platform through expansive growth with the relevant considerations around design plasticity, scaling, performance and reliability
- B2B experience in a technology SaaS business
- Experience leading a team of DevOps, Cloud, Data and Software Engineers from a centralised to enabled operating model you will have lived and breathed a delivery-oriented DevOps model
- Although you do not need to be a security expert, you will ideally have solid security and networking experience with the ability to take a control set and think about how to apply it in efficient ways
- Knowledge of Data Pipelines and Data Warehousing infrastructure concepts
- A natural level of curiosity you enjoy playing around with technology in your spare time
- Strong leadership experience both through influence as well as direct authority
What will you get in return?
- You will join a fast-paced, highly impactful business enjoying incredible success and with considerable investment
- The culture is one of hard work, ambition, openness and a sense of fun
- You will be remunerated well including with equity
- You can work anywhere in the world if you wish to move to Australia relocation is on offer
Location: US Locations Only