Compensation Range: $65,000.00 $115,000.00 annually, pay will be based upon applicable experience, training and skills
Bonus: This job is eligible for an annual cash bonus based on individual goal achievement.
ThePostgres Database Administratoris responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, analysis and tuning of the database servers and related systems required to support the OReilly computing environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages the creation and modification of database objects to ensure any changes have been reviewed and approved before installing in production environment.
- Works with development teams to optimize design of databases and access from applications.
- Develops a methodology for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas.
- Researches available technology solutions. Evaluates and recommends options to improve database server environment.
- Reviews database backup and disaster recovery resources to ensure company data is adequately protected.
- Installs new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs OS patches and resolves software related issues.
- Develops a security scheme for the database environment and performs user account and group administration for database server when needed. Performs periodic review of accounts per audit requirements.
- Provides database support assistance to the IS department and log support calls to vendor when required.
- Responds to operational needs which may involve working after hours and/or travel to resolve issues.
Skills and Qualifications
- Senior-level experience working with PostgreSQL Database Administration including large-scale server hardware and software systems.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Above-average oral and written communications skills.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule including nights/weekends.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Must be able to learn independently.
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux platforms and AS/400 platforms.
- Knowledge of Database server software in OReilly computing environment including but not limited to DB2, Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL and PostgreSQL.
All full-time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service.