Governments and businesses are investing in resilience at an unprecedented level. In the next ten years alone, they will spend over $8T on transitioning to a net-zero economy and building efficient, equitable, and sustainable practices. But they dont know where to invest. They need clear and precise signals about climate threats and dynamic urban, mobility, and economic trends.
The iconic technology companies of this decade will be those that address social inequality and climate change at scale. This represents a once-in-many-generation opportunity to change the way organizations think and it is a massive and accelerating multi-billion dollar opportunity.
In 2020, we grew revenue by over 4x. Our growing customer base extends across the energy, government, mobility, and urban development sectors. Fast Company has named us as one of the Worlds Most Innovative Companies for 2021 and a World Changing Ideas finalist, and we were named to the GovTech 100 list of top technology companies serving government agencies.
We are growing our team to meet market demand and accelerate product development. Were looking for the most inspired, most talented, and hardest working people to help us meet important global, societal, and business imperatives. We draw talent from the best technology companies and educational institutions, and attract people who want to apply their talent and creativity to solving hard technology and product-related problems and addressing the most pressing climate, equity, and urban challenges of our generation.
Were hiring a Technical Project Manager to lead our efforts working directly with key customers to execute on the development of innovative data products. Youll be a member of the Solutions Engineering team a group of subject matter technical experts that are tasked with developing innovative approaches to meeting our customers needs. Youll establish detailed plans for executing on contracts, serve as the key point of contact for high profile customers, coordinate efforts across UrbanFootprint teams to ensure customer deliverables meet deadlines and match UrbanFootprints commitment to high-quality work, and work closely with the Product team to represent customer needs in the development of new data and platform products.
What youll do:
- Be the principal point of contact for strategic customer contracts, coordinating all aspects of the contract delivery and ensuring we deeply understand the customer needs.
- Coordinate efforts across UrbanFootprint teams such as Data Science, Customer Success, Product, and Business Development to meet project deliverable timelines and ensure that customer needs are met.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
- Develop polished documentation for customer deliverables.
- Communicate project status updates to the larger UrbanFootprint team and collaborate with Sales and Business Development as needed to identify expansion opportunities.
Your background most likely includes:
- 3+ years of project management experience focused on data-oriented customer deliverables.
- Domain knowledge in government, energy, climate change and natural hazard vulnerability, social equity, and/or finance verticals is strongly preferred.
- A BS or MS in Engineering, Data Science (with emphasis on geospatial analysis), Geography, Urban Planning, Public Policy, Economics, or other similar technical fields.
- Extremely organized with sustained attention to quality and detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Previous experience working in a technical consulting role or working directly with external stakeholders comfortable communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Proficiency with at least one programming language, such as Python or SQL.
- Working knowledge of geospatial technology, products, and data.
- Experience with agile software development practices managing scrums and planning sprints.