As a lead events producer for PL Services, you will play a critical role in organizing in-person and virtual events for Labbers to collaborate and build relationships. Youll start by understanding the needs of teams within the Protocol Labs network, then pilot and scale services that meet those requirements. This will include events small and large, virtual and in-person, and self-serve or full service.
As the Lead Virtual Event Producer, you will:
- Conduct internal and external research to understand the event needs of the Protocol Labs network, then define and develop a set of event service offerings.
- Collaborate with teams to determine requirements for each meeting or event.
- Manage event planning and organization from start to finish, including logistics, communications, venue sourcing, scheduling, budget, etc.
- Oversee the operations of the existing events team, and hire additional talented events professionals to scale our operations.
- Gather and analyze customer feedback, and adjust our offerings and operations accordingly.
- Build, manage, and support processes critical to team health efficiency, including metrics/KPIs, systems, planning, and decision making.
- 6-10 years of event coordination and marketing experience in the technology industry, or in an event planning agency
- Demonstrated expertise with virtual event/webinar/content hosting platforms (Zoom, Hopin, Brella, Crowdcast, Google Meet, Cisco)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in guiding teams through the execution of live events, shows, virtual productions and experiences
- Experience providing exemplary customer service under pressure
- Ability to plan and deliver against hard and fast deadlines
- Creative problem solver
- Experience working remotely and with partners across multiple international time zones
- Comfortable with 15-20% travel
- You have experience working with and/or contributing to open source and developer communities
- You have experience in the Web3 or blockchain space
- You have experience working on large scale conference programs and global events
- You have experience working on events for 300+ attendees
Whats it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs mission is to improve humanitys most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.