Deliver ad-hoc analytics in addition to daily, weekly, and monthly reporting that supports the Customer Self-Service/ Automaton Team. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is able to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines. The candidate should have a passion for data and supplying their customers with valuable insights. The candidate should be able to write excellent SQL and love working with analytic tools (Excel, MicroStrategy, etc), and use technical skills and creative approaches to solve unique problems. This role also requires learning overall business and financial operations to provide relevant metrics and recommendations.
- Define and develop reporting and analytical needs for the Customer Self-Service/ Automaton team and will also support the Risk Operations team
- Perform in-depth analysis and qualitatively explain findings to internal stakeholders
- Create dashboards and analysis for internal stakeholders to drive efficiency and uncover opportunities
- Build dynamic and rich dashboards using out-of-box features, customizations, and visualizations
- Perform large-scale data analysis to inform business decisions around transactions, balances, customer behavior, and overall operational trends
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence direction of the business by effectively communicating findings
- Establish strong, supportive, effective, and value-added relationship with cross-functional internal stakeholders and business partner
- Collaborate with revenue, finance, accounting, compliance, business intelligence, and enterprise data warehouse teams to gather necessary data to effectively track overall health of the business
- Other duties as may be assigned or required.
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative, technical, or financial discipline required.
- Masters in similar field is a plus.
- Fraud industry experience
- 5 years experience in a business intelligence / analytics role preferred.
- Proficiency writing SQL (i.e. Amazon Redshift, MS SQL Server) and working with large data sets.
- Experience developing dashboards using business intelligence or reporting tools such as MicroStrategy or Tableau.
- Strong expertise utilizing advanced functions in spreadsheet (Excel), database (Access) and data extraction (query) software.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate ideas effectively and concisely to all levels of Management.
- Ability to define, extract, create queries and analyze data based on a fundamental understanding of process, control and risk in support of the departments data analytics strategy.
- Strong experience with concepts of customer segmentation, root cause/variance analysis, and extrapolation.
- Must be able to critically evaluate business problems/requirements and translate into analytical exercises.
- Ability to identify actionable insights from transactional data.
- Proactive work style used to consistently communicate project status, issues and completion plans.
- Progressive thinking skills, strong work ethic, and problem-solving skills.