We're seeking a senior (or higher) level frontend engineer, with strong experience in React and TypeScript. (Check out our new website launching soon!)
Preferred locations: Europe or South America.
Who we are
Standard Notes was founded in 2016 amidst turbulent times for software companies, both on the front of sustainability, and privacy. We're a different kind of company founded on two basic principles:
- User data is a liability, not an asset.
- Software longevity and stability is of paramount significance, and can be achieved only through the alignment of user and company interests and principles.
We build an end-to-end encrypted note-taking application beloved and used by many, and available on every major platform. We've built this through a sustainable business model powered directly by user subscriptions to our service.
- 32-hour workweek. Partitioned however you like. No need to be online and present every day from 9-5.
- Competitive salary
- 7 weeks paid time off
- Fully remote and asynchronous work culture
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- Designs systems and architectures, and isn't intimated by difficult or complex problems.
- Can learn complex topics in short periods of time.
- Is a good communicator.
Be sure to mention the words VACANT PLANET EXPRESS when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.