Are you an innovative Benefits Leader looking to make a difference? Yelp is searching for a Global Benefits Manager to help build and support the global benefits strategy and processes for an iconic consumer internet company with nearly five thousand employees.
This role reports to our Director of Total Rewards and will manage all benefits, wellness, and leave programs across the company and the team that supports them, and help drive innovative solutions that keep Yelp on the cutting edge of total rewards initiatives. This position is a great opportunity to provide vision and direction around strategic benefits and wellness program delivery.
Where You Come In:
- Lead the Global Benefits function to effectively design, implement, administer and manage the benefits and wellness strategy, philosophy, programs, policies, and initiatives
- Create an exceptional employee experience by championing unique benefit and wellness offerings, and providing top notch customer service for employee inquiries and issues
- Manage program budgets, global benchmarking strategies, and third party consultant/broker/vendor relationships
- Keep current on regulations and new legislation; ensure all programs and policies are legally compliant; and oversee audits and required filings
- Develop, coach, mentor, and manage a team of benefits and leaves professionals
- Keep current on market trends, business challenges, and priorities by gathering competitive market data and networking with industry peers
- Build collaborative relationships and provide consultative advice to managers and HR business partners on benefits strategy
- Educate employees about the companys benefits programs and value propositions; translate complex concepts and data into easily understandable terms
- Develop strategic partnerships with Executive Leadership, Legal, Finance, Payroll
What it Takes to Succeed:
- 7+ years of experience in benefit plan strategy, design and administration with proven experience designing and implementing benefit programs globally. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic benefits and wellness professional with both strategic and hands-on experience getting things done
- Proven success as a people manager, including hiring, developing, guiding and engaging professionals
- Bachelors degree or equivalent, MBA or advanced certification (CCP, CBP, CEP or SPHR)
- Experience managing global programs including in the United States, Canada, and EMEA
- A core understanding of applicable benefits and leave laws and regulatory requirements in the U.S., Canada, and EMEA
- A strong compliance background such as annual 1095-C filings, MA HIRD, Bay Area Commuter filing, 5500 filings, and NDT testing
- Leadership skills balanced with a willingness to play a hands-on role on key projects
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills to effectively communicate benefits and wellness strategies at all levels, from administrative to the C-Suite
- Ability to think globally, strategically and objectively to effectively translate data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans
- Strong analytics and storytelling
- Comfort building and maintaining a large global budget
- Great team management optimism through tough challenges, and a strong promoter of team chemistry and professionalism
- Enthusiasm in a fast-paced, demanding environment while managing sensitive, confidential issues
What Youll Get:
- Available your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (Employee-only plans available at no cost to the employee)
- 15 days PTO per year for first 2 years of employment (accrual begins on date of hire); number of PTO days increases after 2 years of tenure, 5 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
We value cover letters as an opportunity for you to explain your interest and ability to succeed in this role rather than rehashing your resume. Also, we ask that you reserve a paragraph or two of your cover letter to comment on an innovative total rewards program that interests you.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include Playing Well With Others and Authenticity.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles based in San Francisco).