HonorHealth is a non-profit, local community healthcare system serving an area of 1.6 million people in the greater Phoenix area. The network encompasses six acute-care hospitals, an extensive medical group, outpatient surgery centers, a cancer care network, clinical research, medical education, a foundation and community services with approximately 12,300 employees, 3,700 affiliated physicians and 3,100 volunteers.
HonorHealth was formed by a merger between Scottsdale Healthcare and John C. Lincoln Health Network. HonorHealths mission is to improve the health and well-being of those we serve.
As a community healthcare system, we have a unique responsibility to keep our facilities as safe as possible to protect our patients and team members. With this in mind, we require all new hires to have received the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine before their start date and be scheduled for their second dose. New hires who choose to receive the Johnson & Johnson vaccine only need one dose to fulfill this requirement. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
The coder, complimented with clinical knowledge and understanding of the complexity of a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) entity and its workflow, enhances the potential to prevent loss of revenue, optimize charge capture, and adhere to compliance issues. Assign and sequence diagnostic and procedural codes for for all service lines for data retrieval, billing, and reimbursement. Documentation, assessment and review for accurate abstracting of clinical data to meet regulatory and compliance requirements. Acts as subject matter expert on all FQHC related coding regulations and keep current on any federal, state or plan specific changes or updates. Provide training and education as needed/requested. Assist Manager with assigned special projects.
- Review all charges, ensure accurate charge capture and review medical necessity. Proactively communicate with providers, nursing staff and other clinical personnel to insure adequate documentation to support charges.
- Reviews bills and payments to insure correctness. Audits, corrects and submits any denials as appropriate. Effective use of software to follow through on accuracy of claim submission. Appropriately seeks assistance from Manager.
- Verify accuracy of patient account/type and demographic data and coordinates corrections to assure accurate billing/reimbursement and reporting.
- Actively engages in any revenue cycle audit or chart review. Devise best practice for documentation retrieval and collection. Educate clinic staff as required.
- Participate in communication and education to Medical Staff/Clinical Staff concerning documentation issues to support accurate coding and billing. Shares information in a professional and timely manner.
- Participate in process to evaluate and build charges for new procedures. Provide education and instruction to staff members across service lines regarding charging, coding, and reimbursement. Interacts with providers and staff providing technical support, training, and guidance.
- Assists in coordination of the compilation of data relative to regulatory agencies and the accreditation process.
- Participates in continuing education activities to enhance knowledge, skills and keep credentials current
- Displays initiative and supports Continuous Quality Improvement efforts and performs special projects, training, education, and/or other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates Degree in healthcare or coding or 2 years related experience Required
2 years ICD and CPT coding experience in an Outpatient/Medical Office clinic Required
Licenses and Certifications
Certified Professional Coder (CPC) Required