Are you interested in joining one of the nations leading providers of medical coding services that is experiencing impressive year-over-year growth? Aviacode is nationally recognized as one of the top medical coding companies in KLAS and Black Book Market Research surveys. Here is your opportunity to be part of this exciting team. We are hiring now and have an immediate need for a Medical Coding QA Specialist Professional Fee. This position will be responsible for conducting internal coding audits and providing feedback.This is a per diem remote position working a minimum of 20 flexible hours per week.
- Leverage extensive knowledge of federal, state, and payer-specific regulations and policies pertaining to documentation, coding and billing to audit client charts and billing
- Analyze and identify opportunities for documentation improvement and prepare reports, presentations and recommendations based on the analysis
- Communicate with internal coding staff findings and provide recommendations on actions to be taken for improvement
- Coding certifications (AAPC or AHIMA), (CPC, CCS-P, RHIA, RHIT) required.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in Outpatient EM coding for RHC
- Strong knowledge of coding disciplines
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology, medical billing and payment methodologies, including coding guidelines for ICD-10, CPT, HCPC, E/M, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Evaluation and Management, procedure and diagnostic coding for professional services and Medicare, Medicaid and other 3rd party payer coding and billing regulations. Able to yield high quality coding audits via a manual coding audit process or technology enhanced audit tool
- Knowledge of quality metrics and commitment to enforcement of standards
- Cross functional expertise with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (e.g., Excel and Word)
- Ability to multi-task and set/meet multiple deadlines under pressure with initiative, tact, and poise
This is a work-from-home position that is per diem with flexible hours.
Aviacode provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aviacode complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Aviacode expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on protected classes. Improper interference with the ability of Aviacodes employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.