Punch is seeking a dedicated, proactive Associate Editor to join our growing team. The ideal candidate has top-notch writing, researching and reporting skills and is eager to write and edit everything from short trend pieces to deeply reported features. This candidate should excel in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and be interested in the culture of drinks.
Punchs Associate Editor will be responsible for both writing and editing multiple stories per month, working closely with Punchs senior editor, art director and editor in chief. Punchs associate editor will also assist our senior editor in calendar management and general editorial production.
- Pitch and write multiple stories per month
- Edit multiple freelance stories per month, managing the process from assignment to publish
- Support Punchs senior editor in editorial production, calendar management, monthly tasting production
- Pitch ideas weekly and contribute to packages / special features
- Stay up-to-date on happenings in the food and drink space via social platforms
- Minimum 2 to 3 years experience writing and/or editing
- Knowledge of, or curiosity about, drinks and nightlife and the motivation to learn more
- Attention to detail with an eye toward clean copy
- The ability to think critically about the stories and beats that Punch covers
- Excellent focus and the ability to work independently
- A love of the Internet and a passion for digital journalism
- Knowledge of how to use social media to share stories and get tips
This role is a part of the Vox Media Union, represented by the Writers Guild of America, East
Punch is the most trusted authority on drinking trends and culture, bridging the gap between industry thought leaders and enthusiasts. Punchs award-winning coverage of wine, spirits, cocktails, and nightlife across digital, social, and print media has made it an indispensable resource for drinking well.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. Youll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work thats challenging and fun and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all of our employees. All employees in our offices are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.